Adding a rear hitch to a 2019 Yukon XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks the same I will take a pic this afternoon. I noticed lack of hitch when I installed rear 1" lift. I am not blind contrary to what some here think lol.

Will do, it was a fleet rental vehicle I purchased from Hertz used site. 2019 XL SLT 4x4. No factory hitch is there.

I guess I will run to the dealer, I had hoped someone knew of a simple one click solution to buying one.

I don’t think anyone is saying that you are blind.

How the hitches are designed now is different than the old days where they are separate from the bumper frame and attach to the frame rails ahead of the bumper. Today, on the SUV’s, they are integral to the bumper weldment so it may not be obvious that it is there if you’re used to seeing a large u-shaped weldment mounted to the frame rails. Every Yukon that I see on Hertz’s website say they have a trailer hitch receiver.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone is saying that you are blind.

How the hitches are designed now is different than the old days where they are separate from the bumper frame and attach to the frame rails ahead of the bumper. Today, on the SUV’s, they are integral to the bumper weldment so it may not be obvious that it is there if you’re used to seeing a large u-shaped weldment mounted to the frame rails. Every Yukon that I see on Hertz’s website say they have a trailer hitch receiver.

It's not something they can legally remove but maybe they spec'd the vehicle without it? The hitch is now part of the crumple zone, protection. Waiting for the photo of what's under that cover.

keefer66

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
following your thread, on another forum i asked what can be done for my 08 burb 2500. a curt 15324 class 5 can be used with a few mods on my gmt900 chassis. not sure if this helps or not

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was unable to find ANY aftermarket solution. Drawtite site comes up with no parts available.

I also didn't see the hitch on the gm accessories site, a link would be greatly appreciated. I am ready to order ASAP. I have searched and other than factory parts have come up with nothing.

Maybe I will go junkyard diving.
DRAW TITE makes a universal one (you weld it on) I provided the link already

• Large 3” square receiver opening
  • 20,000 lbs. weight carry capacity; 3,000 lbs. tongue weight
  • Adjustable cross tube for proper height
  • Two electrical plug and air brake hook up mounting locations for easy trailer attachments
  • Air brake hook up locations
  • Dual ball mount w/2" & 2-5/16" balls included
  • Pin & clip included
  • For frame widths from 34” to 34-1/2”
  • Welds to Frame of vehicle

nahfwt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It’s very possible that the rental car company didn’t want people towing with the vehicle and specced it without a hitch. I think you can get the rear crossmember off of a junked Yukon/Tahoe/Suburban and it should bolt on. You will still need to set up wiring.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s very possible that the rental car company didn’t want people towing with the vehicle and specced it without a hitch. I think you can get the rear crossmember off of a junked Yukon/Tahoe/Suburban and it should bolt on. You will still need to set up wiring.

It will be interesting to see as the hitch is part of the frame and crumple zone and one would think, it cannot be removed because of that. But then again, the PPVs didn't have them either but at least had the bar without the hitch.

keefer66

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
following your thread, on another forum i asked what can be done for my 08 burb 2500. a curt 15324 class 5 can be used with a few mods on my gmt900 chassis. not sure if this helps or not
load rating to low compared to chassis capacity, plus server fits really loose, and future problems with corrosion

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
people have put them on the ppv's so you should be able as well like Nathan said check with a local premium wrecking yard they are the only places that end up with these trucks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas