Adding a rear hitch to a 2019 Yukon XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have an 02 but am amazed that the factory doesn't put a hitch on a supposed truck chassis right out of the factory. To me that makes no sense. Do you have to get the rig with a tow package to get that? My 02 doesn't have a tow package but I have a factory hitch.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looked online and didn't see any other option for a rear hitch other than factory parts.

https://www.gmpartsstore.com/oem-parts/gm-impact-bar-22806381?c=Zz1ib2R5JnM9YnVtcGVyLWFuZC1jb21wb25lbnRzLXJlYXImbD0yOSZuPUFzc2VtYmxpZXMgUGFnZSZhPWdtYyZvPXl1a29uLXhsJnk9MjAxOSZ0PXNsdCZlPTUtM2wtdjgtZmxleA==

Any tips or trucks or other P/N I need to get this done? Thinking about hitting up a junkyard and trying to pull all of it. I would prefer an aftermarket solution but don't have one.

Thanks
draw tite makes hitches for dam near anything
https://www.draw-tite.com/products/trailer-hitches/AeUCnKDGi1PxWw|pmNRbMp45abhF|9in

class V
https://www.draw-tite.com/products/...v-3-receiver/L3Sl4yNcOS3vcv9g8dd|T1cbHJRegZfA

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call your dealer's parts department. There is a GM accessory trailer hitch that comes with everything needed and it's all bolt-on and plug-in, no hacking up wiring like an aftermarket trailer hitch.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looked online and didn't see any other option for a rear hitch other than factory parts.

https://www.gmpartsstore.com/oem-parts/gm-impact-bar-22806381?c=Zz1ib2R5JnM9YnVtcGVyLWFuZC1jb21wb25lbnRzLXJlYXImbD0yOSZuPUFzc2VtYmxpZXMgUGFnZSZhPWdtYyZvPXl1a29uLXhsJnk9MjAxOSZ0PXNsdCZlPTUtM2wtdjgtZmxleA==

Any tips or trucks or other P/N I need to get this done? Thinking about hitting up a junkyard and trying to pull all of it. I would prefer an aftermarket solution but don't have one.

Thanks

Something doesn't seem right here. The only SUVs without a rear hitch are the police models. Am I missing something?

OP
OP
D

Dag4566

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Call your dealer's parts department. There is a GM accessory trailer hitch that comes with everything needed and it's all bolt-on and plug-in, no hacking up wiring like an aftermarket trailer hitch.

I was unable to find ANY aftermarket solution. Drawtite site comes up with no parts available.

I also didn't see the hitch on the gm accessories site, a link would be greatly appreciated. I am ready to order ASAP. I have searched and other than factory parts have come up with nothing.

Maybe I will go junkyard diving.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was unable to find ANY aftermarket solution. Drawtite site comes up with no parts available.

I also didn't see the hitch on the gm accessories site, a link would be greatly appreciated. I am ready to order ASAP. I have searched and other than factory parts have come up with nothing.

What is your aversion to OEM parts? Price?

As others have said, I am surprised that your vehicle doesn't have a hitch already. Can you post a picture of what your rear bumper / cover looks like?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That's because our trucks already have them.

s2kCncjtAJQXexWCkTAUXfrEL-XCOiEzaG9b0ky1DASCWC_H&s.jpgupload_2019-12-2_12-28-33.jpeg

This is the cover for the hitch and wiring.

The little square cover on the right is to operate the spare tire hoist.

OP
OP
D

Dag4566

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What is your aversion to OEM parts? Price?

As others have said, I am surprised that your vehicle doesn't have a hitch already. Can you post a picture of what your rear bumper / cover looks like?

It looks the same I will take a pic this afternoon. I noticed lack of hitch when I installed rear 1" lift. I am not blind contrary to what some here think lol.

Will do, it was a fleet rental vehicle I purchased from Hertz used site. 2019 XL SLT 4x4. No factory hitch is there.

I guess I will run to the dealer, I had hoped someone knew of a simple one click solution to buying one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645