Added Emergency start battery and fuse box..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jolly Roger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently added an emergency jump-start battery and fuse box for my extra lighting ect.
It gets mighty cold here in Alaska, and having an on-board extra battery for self jumping and possible future accessories was a no brainer. Went with a NorthStar deep-cycle starting battery and moved my regular battery to the extra bat. tray.

Aux bat. is isolated until I flip a switch joining both batteries.
Modified upper console for switches and volt meter, ran all wiring up the driver side pillar..

I fabricated an aluminum support for the new fuse box that attaches underneath the spare bat tray and the side of the oem fuse box. The new fuse box fits nicely and contains my relays and fuses for aux lights and other cool bat-mobile stuff. I added a couple extra relay circuits for adding something later if need be.
I even labeled the fuse box so if my Fat A$% dies someone can pick up where I left off:angels2:
Never used the cigarette lighters, so I turned them into USB outlets.
20190707_194725.jpg 20190707_195743.jpg 20190707_195547.jpg 20190707_194735.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Recently added an emergency jump-start battery and fuse box for my extra lighting ect.
It gets mighty cold here in Alaska, and having an on-board extra battery for self jumping and possible future accessories was a no brainer. Went with a NorthStar deep-cycle starting battery and moved my regular battery to the extra bat. tray.

Modified upper console for switches and volt meter, ran all wiring up the driver side pillar..

I fabricated an aluminum support for the new fuse box that attaches underneath the spare bat tray and the side of the oem fuse box. The new fuse box fits nicely and contains my relays and fuses for aux lights and other cool bat-mobile stuff. I added a couple extra relay circuits for adding something later if need be.
I even labeled the fuse box so if my Fat A$% dies someone can pick up where I left off:angels2:
View attachment 226306 View attachment 226308 View attachment 226309 View attachment 226310
Great idea.

OP
OP
Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the NO STEP label! Do you have a problem with people walking in your engine?o_O

Looks very neat and complete!

Unfortunately I still need to take it to the shop from time to time, if the sticker keeps someone from leaning on/bending my fuse bracket then its worth the .99 I paid for it lol.

Really nice, clean work!

Thanks man, I went a little cray with the friction tape, so Im going to re-do all of that. Maybe Ill consolidate the wires better too while Im at it.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

View attachment 226306 View attachment 226308 View attachment 226309 View attachment 226310

Very cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy