Add DIC to SSV ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baddawg

Reaction score
I have seen some talk about this but haven't found a good write up.
How can I add a DIC to my 2013 SSV?
Thanks.

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
They have them on Amazon. The wiring harness is already there. You can either cut out a spot with a dremel and use a hot glue gun or order the panal from chevy.

maverickmechanic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
+I have 2014 ppv. Upgraded dash panel , ordered dic switch from dealer , found plug behind dash. Done, works .

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen some talk about this but haven't found a good write up.
How can I add a DIC to my 2013 SSV?
Thanks.

There are two/three different ways. The panel with the opening for it goes all the way across the dash on the passenger side. Sometimes you can find the last separate piece on ebay, but factory it is "welded" together.
Also, like others said, you can cut the hole. The switch/module itself is pretty inexpensive, like $20 or so. The plug should just sit unused behind the trim panel, it just plugs in. The easiest upgrade to do really.

Ron

Eod1

Reaction score
Yes it gives u a lot more access to the computer than the old black button.
1 engine hours
2 tire pressures
3 trip mileage
Etc. It gives you all the same plus more. It will also allow you to change settings too. The cheapest upgrade you could ever get.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it gives u a lot more access to the computer than the old black button.
1 engine hours
2 tire pressures
3 trip mileage
Etc. It gives you all the same plus more. It will also allow you to change settings too. The cheapest upgrade you could ever get.

Yeah it does all kind of engine and transmission stats.. interesting. It also has that "realtime" V8 economy display that shows the current fuel consumption. I am always laughing when it shows 99mpg ... yeah right ... I think my Tahoe does 15mpg, on long hauls on average.

Ron

Eod1

Reaction score
Yes it is funny. Going down hill goes to 4 cylinders and sips on fuel. As soon as it sees you going up hill it starts drinking fuel like a sailor.

natureclone

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would almost rather put 4 buttons on the original dash panel vs. replacing the panel or cutting the panel for the DIC . Does anyone have the schematic for the 2007-2014 DIC?