**ACCIDENT PHOTOS FOUND**Looking to buy 2011 GMC Yukon XL, need your advice!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

Joena456

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'd be really careful with that one. Bent frames, suspension mounts, flooded electrical harnesses are all possibilities with a salvage title that will cause you problems that you may not be able to fix. Seems a good price for the year and mileage. Go over everything on the body and frame with a fine toothed comb, and take it to a shop that has a Tech 2 or equivalent code reader that read all of the modules for stored or ongoing faults.
I'd be really careful with that one. Bent frames, suspension mounts, flooded electrical harnesses are all possibilities with a salvage title that will cause you problems that you may not be able to fix. Seems a good price for the year and mileage. Go over everything on the body and frame with a fine toothed comb, and take it to a shop that has a Tech 2 or equivalent code reader that read all of the modules for stored or ongoing faults.
Yes, Thanks for the helpful suggestion, I already bought the car report I will share it with you guys shortly, Please let me know if it's worth the price or not.

OP
OP
J

Joena456

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Whenever I look at the car I look to see if there is an old insurance card left stuffed in the manual and see if I can get ahold of the old owner.

Find out what dealer serviced it and asked for records, you can generally get prior owners that way as well.

The driver's seat looks original with little wear which always points positively, salvage makes me nervous unless I can trace back all of the repairs.
Yes, you're right, I will try to do what you suggested, but I already got the car report, that should be it, I will post shortly.

OP
OP
J

Joena456

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for all of you guys advices, it's really helpful and allow me to think thoroughly, I run a car report from this site https://detailedvehiclehistory.com/, which is really cheap and they got mobile application! (It could be useful for you if you don't want to spend $40 for the carfax)
I saw a blurred photos after entering the VIN number so my curiosity piqued and I took a bite. From the Picture the damage doesn't look that serious, It was sold for $6900, what do you guys think? Is worth the price, let me know Thanks again guys. Below is the report.

Report Link: https://app.detailedvehiclehistory.com/report/vin/1GKS2KE31BR124430

1661745326093.png

t_bergman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of you guys advices, it's really helpful and allow me to think thoroughly, I run a car report from this site https://detailedvehiclehistory.com/, which is really cheap and they got mobile application! (It could be useful for you if you don't want to spend $40 for the carfax)
I saw a blurred photos after entering the VIN number so my curiosity piqued and I took a bite. From the Picture the damage doesn't look that serious, It was sold for $6900, what do you guys think? Is worth the price, let me know Thanks again guys. Below is the report.

Report Link: https://app.detailedvehiclehistory.com/report/vin/1GKS2KE31BR124430

View attachment 379367

If it were me, I'd pass. It's pure economics to me as they bought for $6,900 and are looking for $9,500 which leaves $2,600 to do a repair and make a profit. To do that type of work correctly there is no room for profit which means they skimped on something and you won't know what until it becomes a problem.

I'd also worry about the B and C pillars from a hit like that.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 379367
That's not too bad of a hit. But the floor no doubt sustained damage there, so you'll want to check for repair quality (proper welds, etc) in that area, as well as to the body/frame mounts. I'm also curious why it showed up at an auto auction after only 15K miles of rental fleet history. Seems strange to me.

I still think the price it too high, but someone will pay it I'm sure. Arizona and CA history at least means it's likely a rust-free car.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Doesn't look too bad...
but note that that's the side that has grounds that will drive you nuts if there is an issue or a damaged wire.

I have seen some weird issues come from a Salvage'd car.
Friend had some odd vibrations in a minivan he bought, he ocd'd about it often. :jester:

My dad bought one that was salvaged due to high water, no signs of damage and it's still running strong after several years.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check with your insurer to make sure that they'd cover your salvage title vehicle with comprehensive insurance rather than just liability insurance.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only way I would buy a Salvage Titled vehicle is if I was the one buying it wrecked, and I have the repairs done myself to reconstruct the vehicle. I wouldn't trust anyone else with reconstructing a totaled vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne