accident - diminished value?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

dc968

Reaction score
yeah, I definitely thought about that as the police were telling me, "don't worry, the county will make it right". I politely reminded the officer that I was a county resident, and therefore, a taxpayer. He just laughed and said, "well, you have a point".

I'm not trying to take advantage of anyone, but the bus driver was driving on the wrong side of the road with a bus full of kids. I'm just trying to get out of this not worse off than I already am (driving a Mitsubishi Endeavor for a few weeks). Fortunately, I was hurt worse than anyone else and just have a few bruises to show for it.

phileaglesfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not only is the topic starter going to take a hit on the value of his vehicle, but the school district will raise the property tax rate next year to cover the deductible on the school bus repair, and guess whose property taxes will go up? Bend over twice. :mfr_omg:

I agree! What was the cause of the accident? Was the other driver not paying attention, texting, distracted otherwise?

Zonacat

Reaction score
Sounds like this will not be a total. BUT, you need to find the BEST bodyshop and repair facility in your area. DO NOT let the insurance company send you somewhere they use. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT to choose your own repair facility.

ALSO, DO NOT ACCEPT a check cut from the adjuster WITHOUT reading all fine print and notifying him that the repair facility will likely cost much more than the crap check he wants to give you.

Ins companies make a lot of money by "rushing out to the car to provide quick service" only to cut you sh*t check.

Generally, I have refused any check until all estimates are made by the body shop I choose. Then make sure if there is hidden damage, that the insurance co knows THEY HAVE TO CUT YOU ANOTHER CHECK FOR THE DIFFERENCE or pay the body shop directly.

Adjusters on scene cannot see ALL damage, only surface stuff, and that is all they will give you in dollars. Most people, just take the check and spend it on TV's. But if you want your car back like new, heed the above advice.

Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DB1337

Latest posts