ACC won't maintain distance!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look for the code on the RPO sticker in the glove compartment and then you will know for sure.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look for the code on the RPO sticker in the glove compartment and then you will know for sure.

Since he has a Denali, I'm pretty sure that adaptive cruise is a definite. But just to confirm. He said that he knows how adaptive cruise works so I'll believe him. If he's used it in other GM vehicles before I can't imagine he wouldn't know. But I still asked just to be safe.

EDIT - reading the text in this article from 2014, it appears as if adaptive cruise was an OPTION for the 2015 model at the very least. So it's still possible that his Denali doesn't have it I suppose!

"Of course, it's stupidly easy to raise the Denali's starting price to stratospheric levels. A Touring Package for $4,110 includes an excellent head-up display, loud and proud 20-inch wheels in chrome, a power sunroof, rear-seat entertainment and an enhanced security system. That last bit is noteworthy because these big SUVs are frequent targets of thieves. Power-retractable side steps cost $1,745 and aren't really necessary for most body types, but adaptive cruise control and automatic braking assist for $1,695 may be more desirable."

https://www.autoblog.com/2014/03/25/2015-gmc-yukon-denali/

He is saying that his vehicle does show the little green icon for sensing a vehicle in front of him.

My 2019 SLT does have the automatic braking assist but no adaptive cruise. You can adjust the gap setting just the same with the steering wheel button.