ACC won't maintain distance!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YUUUkon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Adaptive Cruise Control on 2015 Yukon D shows all correct indications, but does not maintain distance. The Cruise indicator comes on when set, the correct speed is maintained, the 1-2-3 distance bars display, the little green car icon displays when a target vehicle is in range. BUT it will not maintain distance - i.e. it would rear-end the car in front of me if I didn't apply the brakes. This is my 3rd vehicle with ACC, so I am very familiar with how it works. Any ideas? Thanks!

OP
OP
Y

YUUUkon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Swathdiver, I look forward to good discussion.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe its set to Talledega option....You know- pushing the car in front of you at 190mph to get the lead......LOL

Ya gotta know Nascar for this to make sense....

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you certain that you have adaptive cruise? The green icon and gap settings are present in vehicles with emergency collision alert but no adaptive cruise, such as in my 2019.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what you are describing is impossible if you are in adaptive cruise it has too many self-checks and would error out.
that being said, some of these trucks have the option of using either standard cruise or adaptive cruise, long pressing the cruise button changes the setting. when adaptive is active it will show the icon in the cluster.

****lol and I fell into a 2 month old post

Last edited:

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what you are describing is impossible if you are in adaptive cruise it has too many self-checks and would error out.
that being said, some of these trucks have the option of using either standard cruise or adaptive cruise, long pressing the cruise button changes the setting. when adaptive is active it will show the icon in the cluster.

****lol and I fell into a 2 month old post

That dude hasn't been back since either. Another hit n' run. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE