AC Recirculation turns off each time starting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FloridaTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2004 Tahoe Lt here in Florida and use the AC often. When I run the AC I always run in recirculation mode because it cools better and faster. When I turn the car off and restart next time, the recirculation is off, and I have to turn it on again. Is this normal for it to turn off each time the vehicle is turned off? I just get tired of turning it on multiple times throughout the day.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2004 Tahoe Lt here in Florida and use the AC often. When I run the AC I always run in recirculation mode because it cools better and faster. When I turn the car off and restart next time, the recirculation is off, and I have to turn it on again. Is this normal for it to turn off each time the vehicle is turned off? I just get tired of turning it on multiple times throughout the day.

Same here with my last 3 GM vehicles. In addition, once the interior reaches the desired temp, it then shifts back to fresh air on the 2009.

That button ought to stay put until we decide otherwise!

But then again, it was discovered to my surprise that my recirc door had thrown a code for being stuck. It was working fine after resetting the code and using the Tech2 to command it all the way open where it got back into synch with the computer, being only 1-2 counts off which is normal.

What part of the Sunshine State do you call home?

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 98 regal and tahoe both need to re push the re circulation button after every start up. or if i turn the ac off. then you need to hit it again.

i did notice the 2015 silverado work truck i drive, it does stay on till you turn it off, even if you turn the truck off.

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My ‘13 does whatever it wants.....all the time.

Most likely it is recirculating automatically when the outdoor temp reaches a certain temp. Mine does that when its 90 degrees and up. Puts less strain on the system and less chances for overheating from the heat produced by the condenser.