AC Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't done anything else to it. Do you have a pic of the low pressure switch? Thx for the help.
NO prob man... Its HOT!

Here is normally where they are on your year... The later 07 and up went to one on the hard line off the side of the compressor.

See the little black thing with wires on it, that's the low pressure ac switch.... It screws on to a port on that accumulator on your firewall, yours is probably the aluminum non painted...

images.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The video above steps you through it, yes it’s by the firewall.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
NO prob man... Its HOT!

Here is normally where they are on your year... The later 07 and up went to one on the hard line off the side of the compressor.

See the little black thing with wires on it, that's the low pressure ac switch.... It screws on to a port on that accumulator on your firewall, yours is probably the aluminum non painted...

View attachment 229559
So the system would need to be evacuated then?

live2pull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tony, haven't seen if you checked the service port valves. When those started leaking on my truck, it was after I checked pressures for a non-op compressor. The non-op compressor happened to be a faulty power connector to the compressor.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Giod
Tony, haven't seen if you checked the service port valves. When those started leaking on my truck, it was after I checked pressures for a non-op compressor. The non-op compressor happened to be a faulty power connector to the compressor.
Good point. The Schraeder valve on my high side port was leaking slowly. A full charge only lasted a few months. Since I
replaced them it’s lasted years. You do have to evacuate the system to change them though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA