AC Panel Revamp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ECaseyP

ECaseyP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Down here with the heat I would think they wouldn't last long. Been over 100 for 90 days in the past and currently heading there. I would expect them to slide the minute I touched one. Anyone tried this where it is insanely hot? Truck has to be hitting over 150 in the day time.
So far mine still look the same. It's been brutal here in Louisiana as far as the heat goes for the past few weeks. I adjust my temp and fan speeds all the time and they are still in place. I bought the ones that are Made in the USA off of eBay. There are cheaper options (not much cheaper) that probably peel off easily.

Here's the eBay link to the sellers page.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Down here with the heat I would think they wouldn't last long. Been over 100 for 90 days in the past and currently heading there. I would expect them to slide the minute I touched one. Anyone tried this where it is insanely hot? Truck has to be hitting over 150 in the day time.

yes.. parked in the sun daily tx. 105 out 140plus inside and no problem with the stickers moving. and first thing you do is jump in and adjust the ac to max

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a hard time getting a good picture last night. My camera kept blurring when I was trying to take a photo. I did a short video and then screen shot it.

that looks way better than mine. hmm got me wanting to pull mine off and clean up the paint.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes.. parked in the sun daily tx. 105 out 140plus inside and no problem with the stickers moving. and first thing you do is jump in and adjust the ac to max
Just curious, does window tint and a sun shade help at all down there, or does it not matter when you’re parked in the Texas sun all day long?
When I lived down in NC I noticed a 10-15° difference with a better sun shade than the original one I had and much deeper tint all the way around.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious, does window tint and a sun shade help at all down there, or does it not matter when you’re parked in the Texas sun all day long?
When I lived down in NC I noticed a 10-15° difference with a better sun shade than the original one I had and much deeper tint all the way around.

I've got tint and wouldn't own a car here without it.. you'll get a sun burn just stopped in the daily parking lot home from work lol. cermic all the way around because I'm told it's better. honestly can't tell a difference from my older non cermic car. but I do have the windshield done in the clear cermic, and I do think that helps. it's the only car I don't instantly reach for my sun glasses every time. Just most of the time..haha

when parked a sun shield on the front window wouldn't hurt. but either way, it's a green house. it's going to be crazy hot unless you can park in some shade. I don't have one in this truck.

finally cooling off some here thou.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660