AC Panel Revamp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ECaseyP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered some decals for my AC control panel and decided to video cleaning and applying the decals to the control panel. It's a sped up video of the entire process, but it took less than 15 minutes to do it. Getting the trim panel off was the hardest part for me. 20230729_182000(1).jpg

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! I always wanted to see how those stickers looked. Now just a little Meguiars Plastx with a microfiber towel to take out those screen scratches, and some Back to Black on the rest will have it looking brand new...

OP
OP
ECaseyP

ECaseyP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice! I always wanted to see how those stickers looked. Now just a little Meguiars Plastx with a microfiber towel to take out those screen scratches, and some Back to Black on the rest will have it looking brand new...
They look way better than I expected. They weren't expensive really.

I'm hoping the dash skin I installed yesterday looks ok. I'm skeptical of it and hope I didn't waste money on it.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for posting this. I purchased them 2 years ago, and they are still sitting on my desk. Time to put them on.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you know I didn't think to pull mine out to put the stickers on lol. would have been a lot easier

any pics at night with the lights in? I didn't wipe all the paint off mine like you did. be interesting to see how it looks at night

Last edited:
OP
OP
ECaseyP

ECaseyP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you know I didn't think to pull mine out to put the stickers on lol. would have been a lot easier

any pics at night with the lights in? I didn't wipe all the paint off mine like you did. be interesting to see how it looks at night
I'll try to get a pic this evening.

Honestly I wasn't trying to wipe the paint off. I was just cleaning it with alcohol and after the towel was as dirty as it was after the first wipe down I was going to wipe it down again and noticed that the paint was coming off. I decided to just remove it all then and use a sharpie like it said in the instructions. Looking down at them in the vehicle you can't tell that there is a decal o top of the buttons now. Cleaned it up a lot.

I was doing a dash skin on it this weekend as well, so I decided to go ahead and put these on as well.

Last edited:

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll try to get a pic this evening.

Honestly I wasn't trying to wipe the paint off. I was just cleaning it with alcohol and after the towel was as dirty as it was after the first wipe down I was going to wipe it down again and noticed that the paint was coming off. I decided to just remove it all then and use a sharpie like it said in the instructions. Looking down at them in the vehicle you can't tell that there is a decal o top of the buttons now. Cleaned it up a lot.

I was doing a dash skin on it this weekend as well, so I decided to go ahead and put these on as well.
you did a nice job. mines pretty hack haha. I just put them on. that's what has me wondering if you're looks better at night. mine look OK but at night pretty much no light shines thru to see the buttons.

OP
OP
ECaseyP

ECaseyP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a hard time getting a good picture last night. My camera kept blurring when I was trying to take a photo. I did a short video and then screen shot it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230731_210823_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230731_210823_Gallery.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 9

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
I have used those stickers.
They work good as long as you remove as much of the old paint as possible in order to get the light to shine through.

On the last one I did, the wife's Buick.
I used some duct tape (black gorilla tape) to pull the old paint off.
it took a few tries and a few different strips of tape until I had the button nice and clean.
:beer:

lightflyer1

Reaction score
Down here with the heat I would think they wouldn't last long. Been over 100 for 90 days in the past and currently heading there. I would expect them to slide the minute I touched one. Anyone tried this where it is insanely hot? Truck has to be hitting over 150 in the day time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660