AC Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hardin1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, I'm needing some help. I had problems calibrating both of my rear actuators on my 02 yukon XL SLT . Both 2 new ones but cannot get them to calibrate correctly. Can anyone help me with this? Also, I noticed a line underneath my yukon hanging and I dont have a clue what it goes to. Coming from the front and looks like its stopping somewhere close to the transmission. A somewhat thick rubber hose.
Thanks in advance

Donal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The procedure for calibrating the blend doors requires removing a fuse and a bit more . I am searching for the procedure, but have not located it so for.

The aspirator located above the driver does impact the function of the blend doors. I have expirenced the "no controll of blend doors," when the aspirator was disconnected.
Maybe you can try this. with the system in auto, adust temp for both sides to lowest degree. Is the fan on high? IS outpur cold? if not try increasing the fan speed to wfo manually. If not, check the ac line under hood and going to the drier. Should be hot in front of large nut and cold after the nut. if not is compressor clutch engaged?
2002 model may be different and I have not had experience with that year,

OP
OP
H

Hardin1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The procedure for calibrating the blend doors requires removing a fuse and is a bit more than the prodedure you have preformed. I am searching for the procedure, but have not located it so for.

The aspirator located above the driver does impact the function of the blend doors. I have expirenced the "no controll of blend doors," when the aspirator was disconnected.
Maybe you can try this. with the system in auto, adust temp for both sides to lowest degree. Is the fan on high? IS outpur cold? if not try increasing the fan speed to wfo manually. If not, check the ac line under hood and going to the drier. Should be hot in front of large nut and cold after the nut. if not is compressor clutch engaged?
2002 model may be different and I have not had experience with that year,
Thanks for the reply, What does the aspirator look like? The ac in front does what it suppose to do, gets hot gets cold, but the back is just hot. Also, my controls are the manual controls so do not have dual temp controls.

Donal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found my written note but have not found the original post. This may not work on 2002 year.
Calibration of bllend door actuators:
move ign key to on, press Auto, ign key off. In underhood fuse box remove fuse labeled: HVAC ECAS, 10 amp fuse. install fuse after one minute out. go inside and start engine, let engine run 2 minutes, turn engine off. after 30 second to one minute restart engine, Be cooled.

Donal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, What does the aspirator look like? The ac in front does what it suppose to do, gets hot gets cold, but the back is just hot. Also, my controls are the manual controls so do not have dual temp controls.
Manual systems dont have aspirators.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a picture of both the hanging cable and the location where it is hanging, if you still want confirmation on what it is.

OP
OP
H

Hardin1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Get a picture of both the hanging cable and the location where it is hanging, if you still want confirmation on what it is.
I took a few pictures.

Attachments

• 20220801_201518.jpg
    20220801_201518.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220801_201407.jpg
    20220801_201407.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220801_201419_001.jpg
    20220801_201419_001.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220801_201527.jpg
    20220801_201527.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 8

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the vent for the transmission. Ought to be as high up as possible, I think yours goes to the top bolt on the torque converter bell housing, where it connects to the engine block.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne