AC Delco plug wires date coded?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are AC Delco spark plug wires date coded anywhere? The ones in my Tahoe are working well, no misfire or anything like that, but I do not know how old they are since I'm not original owner of the vehicle. I've adopted the idea, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. It would be good to know though just how old these are. Is there any info on AC Delco wires that tell the tale? Thanks

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have adopted that theory as well. I have enough things to do, just with fixing stuff that actually does break.

Other philosophy is: They don't make things the way they used to...
There is no guarantee that new (even GM/AC Delco) is better made now than they were originally 18+ years ago.

Obviously, age and conditions parts are subjected to play a huge role in how long something lasts. But replacing something just based on age is not always better.

First sign of a problem with spark (misfires, etc.) no doubt, replacement on the wires.
But if there are no issues and they have no cracks or splits. Let it ride!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As for plug wires, if you change the plugs I'd change the wires too since the damage tends to happen when pulling on them. Otherwise id leave them alone unless you're having misfires. Its just a normal maintenance item. There's no way to tell what shape theyre in or how old they are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345