AC Condenser or compressor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JML07denali

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a breakdown of parts and labor and materials costs for that work for $1253?
My wife picked it up. I was quoted $220 for the condenser and 5 hours labor plus tax.
I provide a breakdown later tonight when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The part price I get. labor would be parts replacement and cover evac and recharge and flush if was done and such. I am curious what they charge for refrigerant, oil, flush....etc.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have my 2017 Escalade in for the same issue. Was quoted $1,747. It’s either due to not-transitory inflation, or the Cadillac premium being charged to make me feel good (not)

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've tried to attach the TSB on the Air Conditioning Condenser leak.
GM Special Coverage Adjustment - 17336 Air Conditioning Condenser Refrigerant Leak

Also, the transmission cooling line MAY be effected by the failing condenser. I had both the A/C condenser and trans cooling line replaced, under extended warranty, at approx. 105k miles on my '15 Tahoe.
You may want to have that looked at too...
Hey thanks for posting this. My AC leak is in the exact same spot as the pictures and description, and I have a 2017 Escalade ESV which is one of the vehicles identified in this TSB. However, my dealer says when they look up my VIN, this AC Special Coverage Adjustment does not show up as being associated with my VIN. Therefore in the dealer’s opinion, my car is excluded. They said even though my year and model are listed in the Special Coverage Adjustment, GM only applies this to specific VINs that are a subset. They told me I could call GM on my own but the dealer can’t do anything more.

Does that sound right?

Reaction score
My A/C quit working on me a few years back. Luckily it was fixed at no cost because of TSB 17336.

It looks like I have the same issue again. I'm putting AC to the lowest temperature setting and the truck is not getting any colder. I looked through the grill and can clearly see the crack and an green oily appearance.

Has anyone had this issue repeat itself? With the dealer repair at no charge again? The first repair was just under the 5 years / 60k miles. I'm at 100k miles now.

Reaction score
I called the dealer. They couldn't help.

1. They already repaired it. GM will only cover it 1x per vehicle
2. The Special Coverage Adjustment ended in 2019. GM isn't reimbursing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic