AC Condenser or compressor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I think the notorious AC condenser issue has struck again or maybe the compressor? I have been adding Freon about once a week, anybody have an idea what the parts and labor to have this replaced would cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I think the notorious AC condenser issue has struck again or maybe the compressor? I have been adding Freon about once a week, anybody have an idea what the parts and labor to have this replaced would cost?

I have the previous generation and labor to replace the condenser is 3 hours.

OP
OP
JML07denali

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the previous generation and labor to replace the condenser is 3 hours.
Just hung up with my local dealer they quoted 5 hours for labor, condenser costs $200, quoted right around $1,100 to fix. If it’s the condenser. [emoji2371]

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a leak problem and that needs diagnosed first and foremost. You can bench race all day but need to find that leak first and go from there. I am asuming it works fine after you charge with refrigerant?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just hung up with my local dealer they quoted 5 hours for labor, condenser costs $200, quoted right around $1,100 to fix. If it’s the condenser. [emoji2371]

They probably have to pull the bumper cover off like on mine. By the time you buy the sniffer, manifold and parts and refrigerant to DIY it, might be less for them to do it. Less aggravation too.

Mine is leaking at the fitting to the lower line at the condenser. So not sure if both or on or the other needs replacing. Giving that project to the dealer.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a leak problem and that needs diagnosed first and foremost. You can bench race all day but need to find that leak first and go from there. I am asuming it works fine after you charge with refrigerant?

Well, the dealer will diagnose for the leak and once they find it, give the estimate, and if he chooses to let them fix it, apply the diagnostic fee to the repair.

OP
OP
JML07denali

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed, they are going to diagnose first so I don’t just throw money and parts at it thinking that’s the issue.

OP
OP
JML07denali

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appointment is set for next Thursday, I will post back once I know what the culprit is.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GM covered my Condenser a couple of years ago in my 2016. It would have been around 1100 bucks if it wasn't covered. Either way I was going let the dealer do it.

They fixed it the next day [took 5 hours] and even covered my rental Charger. In this miserable Miami jungle heat I was thankful I got such a super quick appointment.

OP
OP
JML07denali

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heard back from the dealer, the ac condenser has a leak $1,253. Later A/C blows cold again! I looked into replacing myself but it looks like the front end has to come off, I don’t have the time nor patience to tackle it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts