AC compressor/ electric fans not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

Frankv3499

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. I have the parts and now it's on my list. The ac made a bad noise when I fired up the engine and I had it in my heated garage overnight at 80° to see if the ac wasn't coming on bc of ambient temp. It never engaged.

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The air conditioning should start above 2° Celsius, which is about 36° Fahrenheit. And whether it starts or not, it shouldn't make a bad noise. Can you describe the sound or make a video and upload it to YouTube?

Last edited:

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This guy didn't answer when we wanted help, why should he answer you?

And additionaly, even if it solve the problem, what should that help you?

When your fan is not kicking, it can have several reasons. Temperature sensor, which you can see in your gauge. If your gauge show a plausible temperature it works, because our engines have just one sensor for gauge and ecm.

Fan Relais. Try to bridge, than you know, if its the problem.

Fan itself, bad grounds

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did replacing the temperature sensor fix the fans not kicking in problem?
Knowing information about your vehicle would be very helpful, too. For example, if you have a mechanical fan, it's never going to "kick on". It's always on when the engine is running.

dustynuts

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm having a issue with my fans not turning on at low or high speed i did replaced the coolant temperature sensor, I also used a relay tester to see if my fan where working and the both do, all the fuses are good as well I don't have feeon but I don't think that matters, my gauges on my cluster don't work so I can't really tell the temperature would a bad thermostat cause all these issues?

dustynuts

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm having a issue with my fans not turning on at low or high speed i did replaced the coolant temperature sensor, I also used a relay tester to see if my fan where working and the both do, all the fuses are good as well I don't have feeon but I don't think that matters, my gauges on my cluster don't work so I can't really tell the temperature would a bad thermostat cause all these issues?
Ohh I do have duel electrical fans

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjbaker84