AC air vent block issue!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You want one with the last software revision, 33.004. Good reviews and a few or more units sold is assurance you're buying from a trusted source.

That seller Wes posted looks good. I would just verify the software (memory card) with the seller.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not on ac stuff im not... unless refilling with a recharge can is expert level lol

and i really dont know if this gen has the same actuators BS going on. you'd hope they made things easier to get to in newer years...

Sorry Scott, reckon I confused you with someone else in this area of expertise! Maybe I meant @SnowDrifter ?

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
My consideration is this:

a/c on/off control for temps is regulated by low side pressure, with the high side pressure only existing as an anti blow up measure in the case of high RPM, temp, or overcharge.

Considering that the low side switch disengages the compressor when low side pressure dips below a certain point, my suspicion is that we should start there.

Soooooooo

Check pressures first with a mechanical gauge, which I think can be rented from a local auto parts store. From there, we can differentiate between a charge problem and anything else - being either mechanical or a electrical issue.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

PlunkZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds like the evap core is freezing up to be honest. Have you checked your AC pressures?

If you crank the fans to max and let the truck idle, does it still do it?

Just had the system evacuated, orifice tube replaced, sucked down and filled to spec as I was experiencing the same problems before I did. Pic of gauges in 98 degree heat. Problem only happens on long trips.

IMG_9821.JPG

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Long trips makes sense. Air doesn't have *that* much moisture in it and it'll take a bit to plug it up with ice such that you notice airflow problems.

Under what conditions were you measuring those pressures? Fan speed, ambient temp, RPM, vent temps (use a meat thermometer not infrared) and whether or not you're experiencing the icing issue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon