ABS light and parking brake light on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01SLE

Reaction score
Having a hard time searching this issue in the forum because ABS is too short of a word to search.

But the two lights mentioned above are on. Brakes themselves work fine and feel great. No leaks from the hydraulic system and fluid is clean.

How do I trouble shoot this?

Edit: A little more info: If I disconnect the battery, the light comes back on within 5-10min of driving. No messages in the DIC. No chime for parking brake stuck on. Parking brake is disengaged. Parking brake doesn't work anyways, no resistance when engaging it. <---Could that be the reason? I didn't think the ABS light would come on if it were just a burnt up parking brake.

Last edited:

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's your ABS system, not parking brake. Get the code scanned.

Mine does it intermittently and after doing research, I think it's my ABS module.

OP
OP
01SLE

01SLE

Reaction score
Is the dealership the only one who can scan it? Torque doesn't show any diagnostic codes on my Bluetooth scanner.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any shop that can read brake codes can do it... I need to have mine done as well. I'm getting tired of seeing it.

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Possible Solution

First in order to read the codes associated with these pair of lights you need a code reader that will read codes from the ABS module. A standard code reader will not accomplish that task. Yes, the dealer and other repair facilities have that capability. You could also purchase a scan tool that will read ABS codes. Second, there are all kinds of posts on this site that provide excellent troubleshooting tips. One of the simplest, but it did not work for me is to check and clean the ABS modules ground wires. However, the following link will provide you a a video that shows a solution/fix that worked for me. It is not that difficult if you are mechanically inclined and have basic soldering skills.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47509

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BattleTank