ABS & Brake Light Fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skizzot

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo76ylqgUR8&feature=youtu.be

This video I made shows how to fix intermittent ABS and Brake dash lights on all Chevrolet vehicles with the Kelsey-Hayes 325 EBCM module. You may have code C0265 "Electronic Brake Control Module Motor Relay Circuit." The fault is usually due to corrupted solder joints on the circuit board to which the motor relay circuit is connected and is easily repaired with additional solder. The warning lights are intermittent whereas the poor solder joints result in brief communication interruptions with the relay circuit. The warnings will extinguish when reset (turning the vehicle off/on) and will illuminate again once the circuit loses its communications path. (If it were a bad relay, the warning lights would most likely not be intermittent.)

My ABS/Brake lights got to the point where they would come on after less than a minute of driving. I have now driven my truck over 400 miles without the lights coming on after performing this repair.

Merry Christmas!!

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Thats a awesome video the guy made. It took me hours to get the stupid module off anf had to cut off one screw then replaced them all with ss allen cap head. Its an easy fix for the solder joints.

cdhayes2

Reaction score
Re: ABS & Brake Light Fix

Cant express how excited I am to see this.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doing mine today as well, t20 to remove from the unit and t9 for the little guys.

Well so far so good. Mine was more temperamental in the hotter weather which makes good sense as to why the light would come on. even if the board looks good it only takes one to get a little warm and loose contact for that split second that it takes to set the light. all of my solder joint looked real good but I ran them all anyhow. I will keep my fingers crossed that this takes care of it. I should have done this 2 years ago!

Last edited:

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a great video. Completed this repair three weeks ago and I have had no issues to date. My lights were coming on intermittently for several months atleast once per day. I had to remove the entire pump/module since one of the module screws stripped out. Additionally, my module did not have the six screws holding the cover inplace otherwise it was the same module. Hit the six solder points detailed in this video, put it all back together and like I said no lights. Saved a ton of money.

Last edited:

ebxgsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glad i saw this. i think this is what's going on with my brother's truck. we will have to try this out.

OmniCamaro

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How in the world do you remove this thing? On my 2001 Tahoe there's like 1-2 inches of clearance above it. There's no way to get just this part off by itself. I do not want to take that whole unit out.

Any pointers?

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
You can get it off but its a pain in the a$$. Its torque head screws and can strip easily. I used a 1/4" ratchet and mine came out with some effort.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz