ABS Light and Brake Light 01 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely something else to check when you get those lights on the dash. If that doesn't work, the repair has become very affordable ($50-$100) rather than replacing with a new unit.

LinuxMint

Reaction score
I don't have this issue, but someone I know has it on there 03< Tahoe. Has anyone found aftermarket controllers to replace it?

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
search absfixer on google. there are 2 or 3 that do repairs for a good price and quickly.

Okiedave

Reaction score
I have had this same issue for some time on my 01 Yukon XL and want to get this cleared up. I will be checking these grounds first. Mine will go for miles or days with nothing, other times they come on in a few hundred feet.

A local shop told me it was most likely a dirty sensor. I have lost a lot of trust in them lately however. Anyway I am going to check the grounds and sensors and go from there.

KrautBurner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I realize this is a little old but I just had the same problem today with ABS and brake light coming on and it seems there is a ton of misinformation out there and people are needlessly trading in the trucks they love because they are told its going to cost thousands of dollars to fix this. Will this work for everyone, I doubt it.... but it just worked for me!! :D I fixed this in 5 minutes.
I found this tread and SEVERAL others about the same thing... also found repeated problems of bad grounds on the EBCM. If you have this issue I encourage you to read the attachment.
To be more specific, on a 2001 Yukon anyway there are 2 ground wires under the font of the driver's side door where the body mount is... It's about a 4 inch rubber circle. Clean and re-attach.. lights off!!!

http://www.mightyautoparts.com/pdf/articles/tt134.pdf

thanks,
I'm gonna give this a try

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

I have a 2001 LT Tahoe .Ever since I bought the truck the ABS and Brake Light have been on . It has plenty of Brake fluid and stops fine when its dry. The ABS do not work . I was wondering if anyone might know what this is ? I was told it could be ABS sensor on one of the tires or where do I need to look to find these sensors .....I bought the truck from Salt Country....

Thanks

Definitely something else to check when you get those lights on the dash. If that doesn't work, the repair has become very affordable ($50-$100) rather than replacing with a new unit.

search absfixer on google. there are 2 or 3 that do repairs for a good price and quickly.

looks like $150 at http://www.absfixer.com/index.php

81X11

Reaction score
Had this issue on my new-to-me 2001 Denali and it was the module that mounts on top of the pump. There is a guy here in Austin that repairs them, $120. Rapid Transit Services. [email protected] Good guy and 24hr turn-around.

Lights are OFF.

-Mike

caminohill

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
dont forget about that stinkin ground......horrible location......will also cause weird issues when turning fog lights on,rear wiper will move a bit!!!
cinnastix

ohitstruee

Reaction score
Any picturs of this exact thing?

I realize this is a little old but I just had the same problem today with ABS and brake light coming on and it seems there is a ton of misinformation out there and people are needlessly trading in the trucks they love because they are told its going to cost thousands of dollars to fix this. Will this work for everyone, I doubt it.... but it just worked for me!! :D I fixed this in 5 minutes.
I found this tread and SEVERAL others about the same thing... also found repeated problems of bad grounds on the EBCM. If you have this issue I encourage you to read the attachment.
To be more specific, on a 2001 Yukon anyway there are 2 ground wires under the font of the driver's side door where the body mount is... It's about a 4 inch rubber circle. Clean and re-attach.. lights off!!!

http://www.mightyautoparts.com/pdf/articles/tt134.pdf

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

Mine does the same thing with the figlights and wiper moving were exactly is it located? Pics?

dont forget about that stinkin ground......horrible location......will also cause weird issues when turning fog lights on,rear wiper will move a bit!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alejo2160