ABS engages at low speed, sensors replaced, what to try next?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the premium hubs from NAPA for the price of standard-grade hubs RockAuto had, when I happened to hit a 20% off discount code for NAPA online purchases. I did online purchase and picked up local (no shipping and in-stock same day).
That might have been just luck in hitting that, but it was a great price.

I got the SKP hubs with sensors pre-installed. I found out later SKP was Moog. Plug and play. Zero issues with sensors since I replaced the hubs with these.

I would not advocate going bargain hubs. How many times would you want to replace them anyway...? One and done with GM (which are likely to be higher $ - but can't go wrong choice), Moog or SKP as next best alternatives.
Cough.. Timken

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem. My Abs reacted with sharply turned wheels and sometimes the traction control came.
I exchanged the wheel bearing hubs with sensors and no more problems....

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
who told you that SKP is MOOG?, 2 completely different companies, SKP makes a lot of oem stuff including GM hubs, Moog not so much they primarily do aftermarket
Sorry... I was thinking SKF and typing SKP.

At some point, I found somewhere on a different forum, that SKF was a Timken product (or vice-versa). I swear I saw a photo of a GM hub that was ordered Timken, but part received was stamped SKF.

I could be wrong on that. Wouldn't be the first time.

SKF and Timken do have a partnership, beginning in 2001.

Not sure if that has developed more since and how much cross-production they do for each other.

Anyway, sorry for the confusion.

I got SKF. Which seems to be one of the top quality bearing and hub manufacturers out there.

OP
OP
B

bmishoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks for the feedback...I ordered an ACDelco assembly with sensor inclued from RockAuto. We'll see what happens.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry... I was thinking SKF and typing SKP.

At some point, I found somewhere on a different forum, that SKF was a Timken product (or vice-versa). I swear I saw a photo of a GM hub that was ordered Timken, but part received was stamped SKF.

I could be wrong on that. Wouldn't be the first time.

SKF and Timken do have a partnership, beginning in 2001.

Not sure if that has developed more since and how much cross-production they do for each other.

Anyway, sorry for the confusion.

I got SKF. Which seems to be one of the top quality bearing and hub manufacturers out there.
I just did the same, lol I believe both skf & timken both make gm hubs, the ones on my wifes 05 are stamped skf and came out of a factory sealed ac-delco gm box, ac delco is a licensed name, not necessarily a product manufacture, companies all over the world make oem parts for gm. On another thread we were talking about Hitachi making gm throttle body's. If you work on vehicles enough you will see all kinds of brands stamped on a variety of parts and a lot of times all gm (as well as others) do is change the connector so you have to buy a different part, that is there trick to keep making money, then later on down the road they do ya real dirty and just stop making the part.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did the same, lol I believe both skf & timken both make gm hubs, the ones on my wifes 05 are stamped skf and came out of a factory sealed ac-delco gm box, ac delco is a licensed name, not necessarily a product manufacture, companies all over the world make oem parts for gm. On another thread we were talking about Hitachi making gm throttle body's. If you work on vehicles enough you will see all kinds of brands stamped on a variety of parts and a lot of times all gm (as well as others) do is change the connector so you have to buy a different part, that is there trick to keep making money, then later on down the road they do ya real dirty and just stop making the part.
Maybe it was your post I was selectively remembering bits and pieces of - LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA