ABS & Brake Light Fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OmniCamaro

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can get it off but its a pain in the a$$. Its torque head screws and can strip easily. I used a 1/4" ratchet and mine came out with some effort.

I'll give it a shot when it warms up a bit. Thanks for the tip.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did this little fix only i pulled the ABS module and sent it to Gaugerepairman on Ebay.. cost $65.. didn't want to spend time messing with it. I sent it to him on a Monday and the fully repaired unit was back at my door by Thursday!! I had a constant on ABS pump so I knew the relay was bad in the module too..

ABS and brake light were on before the repair and my traction control light came on after I pulled the module. Installed the repaired module and all lights turned off at start up.

search ebay for "ABS Module Rebuild GM GMC Chevy tahoe Silverado SERVICE" and he has a lifetime guarantee..

XMAS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I agree the ABS module repair is a good idea. Following the advice of customers I got in touch with guys from Module Repair Pro Inc. They are from Van Nuys CA. you could see all information right here http://www.shop.modulerepairpro.com/

5911 Lemona ave. Van Nuys 91411 phone (818)235-1095
Very reasonable prices
You may send them your bad ABS control module (only the electronic part).They will rebuild it, test on a special test stand and on the vehicle and return it to you. Easy! :hands:

Rangel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gonna bookmark this, I put on new timken wheel bearing hub asse. but am still getting random abs/parking lights. thanks for the video.

OP
OP
Skizzot

Skizzot

Reaction score
You will probably have a stored code C0265. The most difficult part is getting it off the truck due to stripping out the screws. If everything goes smooth, you should have it off in a matter of minutes. I was bored and stuck at home with a cold, so figured I would tinker with it. I have a degree in SATCOM Engineering and the characteristics of when the dash lights came on (outside temperature, hitting bumps, etc.) and ability to reset indicated component level. Thankfully it turned out to be solder joints. I've done two of my friend's vehicles since then followed by a couple trucks in the neighborhood....after solder they have all not had a single issue. If you aren't getting a wheel speed sensor code it's most likely the solder.

jcota5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just ABS without break light

What do i do if its just the ABS without the break light? would i take the same steps?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo76ylqgUR8&feature=youtu.be

This video I made shows how to fix intermittent ABS and Brake dash lights on all Chevrolet vehicles with the Kelsey-Hayes 325 EBCM module. You may have code C0265 "Electronic Brake Control Module Motor Relay Circuit." The fault is usually due to corrupted solder joints on the circuit board to which the motor relay circuit is connected and is easily repaired with additional solder. The warning lights are intermittent whereas the poor solder joints result in brief communication interruptions with the relay circuit. The warnings will extinguish when reset (turning the vehicle off/on) and will illuminate again once the circuit loses its communications path. (If it were a bad relay, the warning lights would most likely not be intermittent.)

My ABS/Brake lights got to the point where they would come on after less than a minute of driving. I have now driven my truck over 400 miles without the lights coming on after performing this repair.

Merry Christmas!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt