About Window Switch LEDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kolt-46

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently installed power folding mirrors on my 2008 Tahoe. In doing so I needed to install a window switch that had the button for the power fold option. I found one on eBay and ordered it. I ran into two issues:

1. It came with a brushed aluminum bezel and I needed wood grain to match the rest of my interior.

2. It illuminated white and the rest of my switches / dash are green.

The 1st issue was resolved with a Dremel and a steady hand. The second issue was much more interesting.

As I disassembled the switch, I learned that there are (2) logic boards. One with the pressure sensors and the colored LED's. The second is a sister board below it that has the harness pins on the bottom. Here's where the magic happens:

The board with the pressure sensors and LED's was EXACTLY THE SAME on both the power folding and non-power folding switches (other than the LED color of course). Even though the non-power folding switch didn't have the power fold button, it had the pressure switches in place.

The bottom board contains the components that control the power folding mirrors. All that I had to do to change the color was swap the top board and viola, matching interior color!

I don't know if this will ever be useful to anybody else but I figured that I'd share it just in case. I will try to post some pictures on another day.

Last edited:

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue you had with the escalade white light switch instead of the greenish tahoe color. It's always bugged me a little, but thanks to your writeup, i got a non folding window switch and will be switching the boards. Very helpful!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz