About to take 15 Tahoe in for 4th time....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

todd305

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Am i the only one who has this squeaking and grinding sound coming from steering wheel ? Backing up and turning, right and left turns from a stopped position ? First 2 times dealer said they fixed it (didn't). 3rd time they replaced the steering column (at least they said they did) and i'm about to take it in for my 4th time next Monday. Anyone have any recommendations ? It's a very very subtle issue but I can't seem to get it out of my mind and just move on. Thoughts ?

hamd1719

Reaction score
I took it 8 times
3 times dealer couldn't figure it out !

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

PavementPounder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its a column problem. I imagine they will have an updated part in the near future. Trucks have the same problem, I've seen one truck take two columns before the noise went away

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is why i gave up on buying new vehicles
i mean it really blows my mind you buy a brand new GM vehicle and pay good money for it
you take to a "GM" Dealer with an issue and then they cant figure out whats wrong
or they say nothings wrong that just friggen blows my mind

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is why i gave up on buying new vehicles
i mean it really blows my mind you buy a brand new GM vehicle and pay good money for it
you take to a "GM" Dealer with an issue and then they cant figure out whats wrong
or they say nothings wrong that just friggen blows my mind

That happens across all car brands. I've had the same happen with BMWs and Mercedes as well. Some dealers/service departments are just completely inept while others are on point.

Or sometimes you get a response like I did on my Mercedes recently "We know what's wrong, we don't have a fix yet, the engineers in Germany don't have a fix yet, and we have no ETA on when a fix will arrive, however we did make our own fix in the shop so lets hope that helps!"....one of the many reasons why that car only lasted 6 months in my garage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts