About to pull the trigger, when all of a sudden....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zielkejo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2022-10-10 at 10.51.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-10-10 at 11.08.18 PM.pngHey all, new to the forum here but excited to be here.

Background-- my Wife and I are expecting our first baby NEXT WEEK and I currently drive a 2020 Ford Transit work fan for my business and personal transport (only two front seats), and my wife has a 14" Toyota Prius C.... The baby seat only fits in the Prius with the seats ALL THE WAY FORWARD which as you can imagine for two 6' tall people, is not feasable.

I grew up loving the suburbans and Tahoes and my dad had a Burban' in the 90's.... But somehow thought it was always out of my range. Which isn't far from the truth LOL considering how pricey these are new (and used!) but with the baby on the way, and i've had a good year in business, it just makes sense to spend a little extra and get the baddest ride out there... The All Black Chevy Tahoe Midnight Edition!

I've gone and looked at 3 other Tahoes before this one, 1st was a retired cop car (gutted interior and beat up, no thanks) second was a 19' but looked like it could have been a 09 by how bad it was upkept... I swear some people lease these things and treat them like disposable mcdonalds napkins, stains all over the seats and goob on the ceiling and whatnot.... I mean i get it Live in my car but damn this is an expensive rig, at least take care of it!

The third Tahoe I looked at TODAY, it was a 19" with 56K on the clock and asking $34,500.... It was pretty clean, some scratches here and there, but not beat to death like the other one... It drove nice, felt great, but something about the smell was just a little "off"... maybe they used too much detergent when detailing the interior, but it smelt like a rental car that had been over perfumed..... it wasn't a deal breaker, but it was enough to give me pause... as well as a big gash on the front bumper, again not the end of the world, but for 35k it just felt off.... \

SO... I get home today and just for ***** and grins, expand my search area to 100 mile radius, and low and behold, I come across a beautiful, clean carfax, one owner, MIDNIGHT EDITION (love that), and it has 10k less miles, and it's only $1500 more than the one I saw today.... So I called the dealer and got a good feeling about it after asking him a bunch of questions...

Going to look at it tomorrow, do a trade in with the wifes car (about $6k +/-) and drive that bad baby home if all goes well.... still holding out a little part in my heart that's prepaired to walk away from the deal if something feels off... but with the baby one week away, and having seen/driving a few of these things, i'm freakin ready to just get this done and be riding the family around in style!

Anyways, all that is to say, I love chevy (drove a 12 chevy express for many years) and am happy to be back with the bowtie...

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a really nice machine and the price is pretty fair too. I'd suggest having them put in a new battery as part of the deal. Check service records, you can look them up by the VIN through Chevrolet but the dealer should have all that for you. And be sure to look at the underneath for that Michigan salt and snow effects. Pretty new for anything like that though. Going to be a pretty good driving adjustment for a while with that machine.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Smart move Dad! Happy wife, happy life. We did the same in 06 with a trade from our Audi Quattro to a YXL Denali. The safety factor in these vehicles due to their mass is amazing.

If you clench this puppy let us know. The dealerships are your darling when you’re under a factory warranty. In spite of some horror stories, try to get a factory GMPP warranty for down the road.

That warranty, whether you have to use it or not is worth its weight in platinum for private party resale because it’s transferable. Before we knew it baby #3 was on the way and we got an 08 YXL Denali. It was the next Gen and had the electric 60/40 bench seat.

Due to a service contract that did every iota of missed maint and mechanical failure for three years we traded up to an Escalade Platinum ESV for $1.2k more. There’s huge equity in that vehicle when you sell or trade it. Scary thought, but due to the chip shortage and EV trucks rolling out, it’s scary true.

Have some fun and drive the truck over to another dealership and tell the salesman a relative is there who’s working another deal for you. Call a number that doesn’t pick up on your cell and tell the salesman they must be in with the financial guy. Drive away and let them believe a relative doesn’t want you to buy that truck.

Tell the financial guy “F my relatives, you throw in in that GMPP warranty for the asking price and I’ll buy this right now”. Tell them you “hope that screws the XYZ other dealership. My wife deserves this truck”.

That’s out of a preowned car salesman bag of tricks. Create fear of loss. Regardless, welcome, congrats and buy washable seat covers and mats. Trust me

Appleman88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I hope everythingh works out for you but beware the dreaded lifter problem that has been prevalent. I have a brand new 2022 Yukon SLT with bad lifter and I see alot of 2021 having the same problem

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Al Serra has an impressive lot, it stretches on for a 1/4 mile it seems like. I've been through there many times, good luck with the new Tahoe.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Hope all’s going well with the truck & baby. I just saw you’re both 6”. The wife & I are 6”3” and the kids are giraffes. Any of the GM full size SUV are going to be heaven, especially to your back when pulling that car seat in and out.

OP
OP
zielkejo

zielkejo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hope all’s going well with the truck & baby. I just saw you’re both 6”. The wife & I are 6”3” and the kids are giraffes. Any of the GM full size SUV are going to be heaven, especially to your back when pulling that car seat in and out.
I can firmly say that after only 100 miles or driving the new rig, we are in LOVE with it! Like driving a football field down the road! Also feels good driving this big Chevy thru Detroit hometown of GM!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt