About to pull the trigger on a lift/level kit...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
h0tr0d

h0tr0d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man. Here is a shot of the rims and center caps and lug nuts I picked up.

UMRDD.jpg

OP
OP
h0tr0d

h0tr0d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about articulation with the 285? If I'm going to take it to the 4x4 only trails at big bend do you think it would be wiser to stick with a 265 to avoid rub when going over large rocks? The tails aren't very extreme, just some large rocks and washouts.

Rebelution

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could just throw a body lift on there if you want a little extra room. Be sure to take plenty of pictures at big bend. That place is out of this world awesome.

OP
OP
h0tr0d

h0tr0d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Rebelution: That's definitely a viable option. It's way cheaper to do that then spring for the 4" suspension lift and wind up paying nearly $1700 with driveshaft. I used to not like them, but when used with gap guards it's hard to tell really. I'd probably have to fab up some brackets for the grill guard and kma bumper I have planned.

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Why don't you not buy the bumper/grill guard and save up for a 4" suspension lift. Get some steps for the baby or whatever. If it turns out it doesn't work I'll buy it off you =cD!

OP
OP
h0tr0d

h0tr0d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd have some serious 'splaining to do I think. I only paid $4000 for the truck and just dropped $400 for rims/caps/lug nuts and I'm about to drop another $900 for tires. Spending half the cost of the truck on a suspension lift would probably get me in some serious hot water with my woman. Girls just don't understand why we have to make our shi7 cool instead of just leaving it stock.

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
They eventually get it, just gotta keep drilling it into their heads. My girl gets it I think finally. Thats what she said atleast =D!

Arctic-Rodz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heres mine with 295/70R17 on Eagle 140 series wheels 17x8

cut the edges of the bumper for clearance, didnt need a lift above the tortion it already had when i bought it.

SSPX0223.jpg
DSCN0271.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DesertGator

Latest posts