About to MRC delete, looking for taller rear springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My plan is for a MRC delete but I want to keep the autolevel... Its actually quite nice.

I run back roads to ghost towns, and use my prerunner when IM by myself. But the two kids are getting old enough to come and im guilted by the wife when ever I leave her at home...

So, Yukon XL camping and back roads. The MRC sucks. It is overheating which causes the worse rides. Heck, I can feel the difference on pavement when its hot or cold out.

So for the fronts its easy. The xengineeringmrc delete plugs, Im going to go with the King oe coilover's, 3.0's with the compression adjusters, the camburg UCA's and some 2x2 king bumps.
Thats the easy part. It will cause me to run about 1.5to 2 inches taller in the front, which should about level or go .5 inches above level.

For the rear however, I have the idea of:

1) running a 3.0 bypass and run a air ride bladder inside the stock spring and try to get the auto level to play nice.

2) running a 3.0 piggy back or remote reservoir with compression adjusters and a 2x2 bump, and an air ride bladder in the spring etc etc

3) IM trying to see if anyone has come out with a rear lift spring. Not a lift puck, but an actual spring that will give me about 2-3 inches of lift and allow the extra travel. I would then run the appropriate shock/bump etc and air bladder to get the auto level to work. I'd also need to find or make an adjustable track bar to keep the lift in check (I think there is a track bar back there, I havent looked)

Anyways, is anyone making a lift spring for the 15+ yukon Xl's?

Does anyone know what travel shock we need for back there? Is the stock shock an 8 inch travel, 10 inch travel? Whats have people been able to fit to get max compression and droop?

Thanks!

OP
OP
F

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found springs!!! Envy motorsports makes a spring that raises the rear just shy of 2 inches. They also make the accompanying parts for correct alignment and geometry.

I am planning on those and either ADS or king 2.5 fronts and 2.5 3 tube bypasses in the rear.

and the xingeneering plugs of course.

finally will be bags in the springs and trying to rig up a solution for the Autolevel to still work.

Sadly so close to hammers everyone is still in recovery. Hopefully get the parts list soon

OP
OP
F

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok apparently they don’t make springs.
They are suggesting a 07+ suburban spring which they think should lift the rear a bit.

Ugh... I wish someone had access to the ac delco spring rate and length data base for oem springs.

Anyone have a set of oem 07 springs that could take some measurements...?

cireallin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My plan is for a MRC delete but I want to keep the autolevel... Its actually quite nice.

I run back roads to ghost towns, and use my prerunner when IM by myself. But the two kids are getting old enough to come and im guilted by the wife when ever I leave her at home...

So, Yukon XL camping and back roads. The MRC sucks. It is overheating which causes the worse rides. Heck, I can feel the difference on pavement when its hot or cold out.

So for the fronts its easy. The xengineeringmrc delete plugs, Im going to go with the King oe coilover's, 3.0's with the compression adjusters, the camburg UCA's and some 2x2 king bumps.
Thats the easy part. It will cause me to run about 1.5to 2 inches taller in the front, which should about level or go .5 inches above level.

For the rear however, I have the idea of:

1) running a 3.0 bypass and run a air ride bladder inside the stock spring and try to get the auto level to play nice.

2) running a 3.0 piggy back or remote reservoir with compression adjusters and a 2x2 bump, and an air ride bladder in the spring etc etc

3) IM trying to see if anyone has come out with a rear lift spring. Not a lift puck, but an actual spring that will give me about 2-3 inches of lift and allow the extra travel. I would then run the appropriate shock/bump etc and air bladder to get the auto level to work. I'd also need to find or make an adjustable track bar to keep the lift in check (I think there is a track bar back there, I havent looked)

Anyways, is anyone making a lift spring for the 15+ yukon Xl's?

Does anyone know what travel shock we need for back there? Is the stock shock an 8 inch travel, 10 inch travel? Whats have people been able to fit to get max compression and droop?

Thanks!
How does the MRC overheat? I've never experienced this, curious.

OP
OP
F

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It Gets really under dampened and swayee
I notice it most in chatter.

Gm actually changed the algorithm to help deal with heat and apparently a slight part number change in 2018

akbrener

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Moog 81069 are the HD NNBS springs. should fit right in there. I have an 08 with those and a 19 with a 1" spring spacer in the rear and they both sit at 24" center of hub to fender

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Moog 81069 are the HD NNBS springs. should fit right in there. I have an 08 with those and a 19 with a 1" spring spacer in the rear and they both sit at 24" center of hub to fender
81069 are used for nbs hd springs too btw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14