? about tight turns and tires chirping...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oshkosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi XL and Suburban guys,
I have a new to me 2000 Yukon XL 4x4 and when I crank the steering wheel all the way left or right/full lock low speed in 2wd the tires stutter/chirp almost like it is in four wheel drive.
I haven't had time yet to look into it but am wondering before I worry too much is this a normal trait for the truck?
When I shift from 2wd to 4wd I hear both the transfer-case and front diff motors working.The selector switch lights as it should when switched back and fourth.
Thanks in advance.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coming from the front? The rear may do that with a locker if one has been installed. My tires squeal in parking lots when turning hard also. That comes from the geometry on the front suspension.

OP
OP
Oshkosh

Oshkosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything checks out up front ,I have to go with a geometry issue and the optional larger tires 265/75/16's...
Thanks

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I think its just the other tire "catching up". My brothers does that and mine used to

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts