A FNG newbie to TYF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have been a proud 1999 Tahoe 2-door, 4WD, owner now for almost one month exactly. What I can say at this point is two things: 1-I love my 'Hoe, she is big and strong and drives like a deuce-and-a-half! 2-She is sucking my bank accounts dry. Ugh.

I bought her on E-bay from a guy in a suburb of Los Angeles (what a fun 13 hour round trip drive that was from AZ to go get her!) with 115K on it and it was represented properly. I was pleased with the way she handled (given her age and having sat idle for months) and I drove her back to Phoenix at 85 MPH pretty much all the way after I got out of L.A. But, when I got her to my mechanic buddy at the local Chevy dealership, I was a bit surprised.

She had a leaky fuel line going to the fuel filter (lucky I didn't have a car-b-que), leaky power steering pump, leaking oil cooler and trans cooler lines, leaking radiator, exhaust leak, inside of passenger door wouldn't open, a bum pitman and idler arm, leaky transmission pan....you get the idea. I am now well over 2 grand into her and I paid a bit over 5K for her. Oh yeah, I spent 250 bucks on gas alone to get me there and back, but I expected that. I averaged 10 MPG but at 85 MPH that is no surprise.

Anyway, I look forward to almost every day after I get home from work doing something to her. I must admit it is strange not to see a few boxes of parts I ordered stacked up by my front door. I now know my FedEx, USPS, and UPS guys all on a first name basis!

I have already learned much from all of you on this site and I am sure will continue to do so :help:. One good thing about living in AZ in the low desert is I will never have to worry about rust (which this 'Hoe has some of coming from CA near the ocean).:flame:

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Welcome. Yea i liked phoenix when i was there last summer. What year is the 2dr? Can you post pics of it? Any plans for lift?

OP
OP
'99_Tahoe LS 4WD - AZ
Reaction score
Welcome. Yea i liked phoenix when i was there last summer. What year is the 2dr? Can you post pics of it? Any plans for lift?
My 'hoe is a 1999 model (I specifically chose that model as it was the last year for the 2-door full-size Blazer-like model and it had airbags and ABS). I don't have any plans to lift it ATM and more pics are coming soon (once I get her up and running again as she is down for repairs....again...ugh). I don't have the cabbage right now to do anything other than her running in good order as that is my priority. I think I want to do an entire suspension/steering equipment upgrade when I do decide to lift her an inch or two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts