A/C not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a new 2016 Yukon last year so I'm assuming they sent it based on the purchase. I left out the part with my name address and gm logo lol. Came in the mail Yesterday. Was pretty surprised given they usually tell customers to pound sand.

I got the same letter yesterday as well.

ATX 14

Reaction score
Bought my '16 Tahoe in August new and just received my letter as well.

MN 15i XL Denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2015.5 Denali XL purchased new. Never got the letter but mentioned the campaign number and set up an appointment. The dealership fixed it yesterday for free. A/C actually went out 2 months ago but was able to rough it with the cooler temperatures since I had a feeling they would do this to keep customers happy.
Now I have ice cold A/C just in time for MN winter!

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bumping this

Turned on the AC yesterday after 7+ months of winter. AC worked fine back in Oct 2017. Was completely floored when it only blew hot air. I googled "2015 tahoe ac not working" and found thousands upon thousands of hits. Insane.

Luckily Post #113 jogged my memory. I too recieved that letter in November 2017 about a potential problem. Calling Dealership Monday. Hopefully they have the part

2015 Tahoe
41,5xx miles
Bought new May 2014

Blanch44

Reaction score
Add me to the List AC Blowing Hot Air !!! Turned it on today Let it Run for Half hour and No Change !!! Blew Ice Cold Last Summer !!! Got the Letter also . Going to Dealer Friday Hopefully to Get it Fixed.

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealership states the extended coverage doesn't cover cracked/holes in lines to condenser. Just condenser

Won't fix my system

I hooked up gauges. Seeing 6-8 psi on low side. Compressor won't turn on.
If
I had a leak, wouldn't pressure be zero?

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put dye in the system to see where it is leaking from. If you are not comfortable doing it yourself have an AC shop do it for you. Then you will know for sure where the leak is.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put dye in the system to see where it is leaking from. If you are not comfortable doing it yourself have an AC shop do it for you. Then you will know for sure where the leak is.

And check with a UV flashlight.

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the equipment and certs to do the work...however I don't want to. Nor do I want to pay money out of pocket repair this. Normally work on Military units, and I'm also worried Chevy will use any further excuse (ie: I touched it) to refuse fixing damn thing.

5/01/2018
Purchased Brand new in May 2014
mileage in Dealership parking lot was 42,000 (rolled over as turned in)

Dealership diagnosed the Tahoe. Said they cannot see any leakage from the condenser. They want $175 to add dye to system. Their diagnosis was to look through the grille with a flashlight. Didn't see anything, so the tech gave up.

Dust caps for the AC ports were dusty/untouched. The skid plate on bottom of frame hadn't been removed. How the hell do you diagnose an issue without actually looking?

GM corporate is useless. They want me to pay the $175 and see what happens

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645