A/C issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000tahoeZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alrighty so I replaced my motor back in December of last year, and afterwards my front A/C has not worked properly. It just seems to blow ambient air temperature. I checked the charge with my gauges and it is within normal ranges. The rear air blows ice cold. I checked under the hood at the heater box diverter valve and it was not closed all the way. There was vacuum coming into the solenoid on the firewall, but not leaving it headed to the valve. I checked the plug with a meter when the tempcontrol was on cold and read 0volts. I assume the HVAC control panel is not functioning properly and sending a signal to the solenoid to allow vacuum through and close the valve. For testings sake, I zip tied the valve closed and checked it. Still not cool. Is there a door that diverts between the heater box and the AC box? I have read that it could be a blocked orifice tube in the front. Any ideas????

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the same truck, not sure about the ''door'' but either you did not hook everything up the same as it was or maybe try a temp switch

OP
OP

2000tahoeZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealership did all the work. In my humble opinion, everything under the hood has to be hooked up correctly if the back is working perfectly. I am strongly leaning towards the center control panel being bad. I have located the diverter door between hot and cold. I cannot see it when I change modes, but I feel like I can feel it moving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019