A/C Compressor running constantly on my '99 hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crowder99Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am also having a similar issue. Compressor runs if engine is on. AC on or not doesn't matter. Is it safe to drive this way? Is the worst that could happen that the AC will go out?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am also having a similar issue. Compressor runs if engine is on. AC on or not doesn't matter. Is it safe to drive this way? Is the worst that could happen that the AC will go out?

Is the defroster on? If it is the compressor will run.....

Crowder99Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I dont have a need to use the defroster. I even tried removing the hvac headunit and no difference

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
it wont do any harm. check your relay by swaping with fuel pump relay if you turn ignition on with out starting and fuel pumps runs constantly beyond 3 seconds your relay is the issue. let us know.

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

Is the defroster on? If it is the compressor will run.....

Stresst, nothing like having you pop in here when there is an a/c thread in discussion.:gathering:

KPOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a similar thing going, except my heat is always on even with the fan blower is turned to "Off". Only way to get hot air to stop blowing is to turn the temp dial to the half-way point. Any ideas?

KPOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if you are saying your fan is blowing at any speed when turned off then your fan switch is broke. That help?

Except when I have the fan on, then the hot air blows out faster. When it's turn all the way off, just a little air is coming out of the floor vents.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it wont do any harm. check your relay by swaping with fuel pump relay if you turn ignition on with out starting and fuel pumps runs constantly beyond 3 seconds your relay is the issue. let us know.

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

Stresst, nothing like having you pop in here when there is an a/c thread in discussion.:gathering:

lmao

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz