A 2023 tahoe lemon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Acey

Reaction score
So I purchased a 2023 tahoe in September and it has already started driving worse than my 2015 chevy tahoe, It drove horribly, acted like it was going to take off when I was barely giving it gas, then when I would put my feet on the breaks, it would still act like it was going to take off, once I make it back to my destination and tuned the truck off it sounded like it was still running and made an awful ticking noise, I will upload the video tomorrow from my phone, So I had it towed to the dealer because I was too afraid to drive it, now the dealer is saying that it is driving perfect. I paid almost 11,000 getting this same issue in my 2015 truck fixed that was never fixed and I am terribly frustrated, Has anyone experienced this. I am currently seeking an attorney.

NT Automotive

Reaction score
So I purchased a 2023 tahoe in September and it has already started driving worse than my 2015 chevy tahoe, It drove horribly, acted like it was going to take off when I was barely giving it gas, then when I would put my feet on the breaks, it would still act like it was going to take off, once I make it back to my destination and tuned the truck off it sounded like it was still running and made an awful ticking noise, I will upload the video tomorrow from my phone, So I had it towed to the dealer because I was too afraid to drive it, now the dealer is saying that it is driving perfect. I paid almost 11,000 getting this same issue in my 2015 truck fixed that was never fixed and I am terribly frustrated, Has anyone experienced this. I am currently seeking an attorney.
That doesn't sound good. Each state has different terms with regards to lemon laws. Its under warranty until 2027-2028 so keep on the dealer. But no fix first visit would make me uneasy as well. Did they run diagnostics?

Since this is first time lemon law wont apply BUT if happens 5 more times in 12 months then you might have a lemon.

Were you driving with the cruise control on recently? Maybe the vac line messed up your throttle. I'd also check your fuses, battery terminal connections and do whatever you were doing before to try an replicate the issue while your phone camera is recording.

I wonder if the ticking noise after off is your fuel pump or was it just a hot exhaust pipe tick which sounds doubtful. Sorry to speculate before you post video.

Keep us posted

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something doesn't sound right as you mention, best place is for the dealer to evalulate. Pretty odd that both of your vehicles have had the same issue happen to you. You mention you payed $11,000 to fix the 2015, what was the problem they found with that vehicle,

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you elaborate as to what is occurring when you say "...acting like it would take off..."

Are you driving and the vehicle starts accelerating on its own? Are you saying that the gas pedal is to sensitive? Does the rpm raise without your foot on the gas and without the cruise set? What exactly are you experiencing? Video would be great.

You having the same issue with two different vehicles is odd.
Did you bring anything over to the new vehicle or install anything in both of them? Floor mats? Anything in the driver footwell (ice scrapper)? Thermos rolling around?

OP
OP
A

Acey

Reaction score
That doesn't sound good. Each state has different terms with regards to lemon laws. Its under warranty until 2027-2028 so keep on the dealer. But no fix first visit would make me uneasy as well. Did they run diagnostics?

Since this is first time lemon law wont apply BUT if happens 5 more times in 12 months then you might have a lemon.

Were you driving with the cruise control on recently? Maybe the vac line messed up your throttle. I'd also check your fuses, battery terminal connections and do whatever you were doing before to try an replicate the issue while your phone camera is recording.

I wonder if the ticking noise after off is your fuel pump or was it just a hot exhaust pipe tick which sounds doubtful. Sorry to speculate before you post video.

Keep us posted
I will , I picked it up today because they siad they have driven it and the can not find anything wrong. I have been trying to uplad the video of it ticking but it will not allow me to upload it.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...acted like it was going to take off when I was barely giving it gas, then when I would put my feet on the breaks, it would still act like it was going to take off,

Those are generally the symptoms of an induction sensor problem, the MAF, MAP and the old IAC being out of whack in some way.

Check your MAF and MAP connectors, make sure the intake system is tight with no leaks or loose/ajar fittings.

All a lawyer is going to do is drain your wallet and cause you more aggravation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094