99 Tahoe oil pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muncie21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a similar issue. Did the new filter fix the problem?

biggreenmachine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok well ive got a 96 with the 5.7 in it 147,000 on the motor, and i noticed a low pressure reading when i got it stopped and checked the level and it was in the marks so i changed the oil increased weight and delco filter, on cold start the pressure reads right at about 40ish. but as it warms up and i drive it drops down to roughly the 10-15 range and idle its slumps down to around 15-20. is this normal. then sumtimes its zero bad gauge or presure switch

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Remember guys if u have low oil pressure after replacing pump and filter then it's most likely gonna need an overhaul. Mine needed it because it sat for years and I mean years and the ratings rutted up and wore down and the crankshaft wore down and the pressure was at 0 at stops and if I gassed it it would rise. Absolutely no smoke nor engine noises but it happenedto me. I got mine at a steal to get overhauled tho $1300 biznitches :)

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 AM ----------

Welcome dude

SeriousSide97

Reaction score
nice deal on the overhaul. but Ill one up ya and tell ya I paid for 1000 for a brand new vortec with a few upgrades in it. I no a guy who owns a shop that deals spefically with our motors. If anyone wants his name and number let me no. Even painted it for me.

ande6009

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My oil pressure buonces around alot also, but according to forum it seems pretty normal. Im gonna go and search and see what viscosity everyone else is running.

SadieD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
nice deal on the overhaul. but Ill one up ya and tell ya I paid for 1000 for a brand new vortec with a few upgrades in it. I no a guy who owns a shop that deals spefically with our motors. If anyone wants his name and number let me no. Even painted it for me.

I know this is an old post, but I need an engine. If you still have that contact information could you PM it to me please?

insadj05

Reaction score
I saw an ad pop up on TYF about a month ago for gm 5.7 at 1400. I didn't catch the name of who it was. Sunlit is right on the jegs. I know they had a sale for about 1700 a month or so ago with free shipping. Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar