99 tahoe missfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99 tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
5.7 liter. Cylinder 2 misfire comes and goes. Here's a list of what I replaced: plus and wires, cap and rotor, fule pump and filter, mass air flow sensor, spider injection (upgraded version), temp Guage sensor, upper 02 sensor, purge vent valve sensor, air filter, knock sensor. An ammco shop adjusted the timing and said it was fixed but it came right back.

Sometimes I can clear the code restart it and it fine but it comes back randomly.

Anybody got an ideas? Only code is p0302

Last edited:

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a lot of new stuff. All that was replaced in an attempt to fix the issue? EVAP purge solenoid too? Was anything tested to see if it was "bad"?

Assuming everything is good, distributer likely. The gear that meshes into the cam gear wears out, and distributers in general are wear parts.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watch your fuel trims on live data along with misfires . Have you tried another plug wire on #2 ? And were lower intake gaskets changed when injectors upgraded? Lower Intake usually leak #6 or #5 neighborhood for air.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I would guess an intake leak to check for but also, but swap #2 plug and see if misfire follows.

OP
OP

99 tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Swapped plug and noticed number 2 was more dirty then number 4 its now giving me a pending code for Bank one sensor two no activity a p0140 that new and I'm also randomly getting a knock sensor pending code but that's new also I'm so over this

OP
OP

99 tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The The distributor is only about five months old but it is a cheap forty dollar distributor

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The The distributor is only about five months old but it is a cheap forty dollar distributor
Distributor caps are 1st thing on a misfire. Use Only Delco/Delphi/United DCR820X. Unless of course you like chasing problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar