99 suburban compressor - Sanden ok?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

torquemeister

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm looking to replace my seized belly-leaker Delphi H6 in 99 Suburban with rear air. I read a lot of good things about the Sanden 4440 design. Is it a direct replacement, where it mounts directly in place of the stock compressor? And I've read different posts where it seems to need a different serpentine belt - anybody familiar with this being true or not? I'd really like a better quality compressor but I'd also prefer the comfort of knowing the Delphi will bolt right up with no modifications and last at least a few years.

Thanks,
-Chris

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of the One Piece hose assemblys have (interchangeable) compressors with the only difference I've seen is pressure switch location. Belts the same. However.... Look up the specs for each compressor. They are sold by price and does it bolt on, not are specs the same. Lastly,,, Warranty. Condenser and drier/ orfice must replace. Check your hoses closely. they are old.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonawhie61989