98 Tahoe Console Swap Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruckBoss223

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a 2005 tahoe console on craigslist with the bose amp and speaker in it and read radio and heat controls. (See Pics Below)

I have been searching through all of the threads and have seen all of your Modifications. I will post pics of the build when i actually start doing it. Just a few questions first.

1) Have been looking all over the internet and cant find the wiring for the bose am or even specs on it. I have no clue how it sounds in the console but was going to hook it up anyways. Do I need the bose Amp or can it be wired directly into my existing amp. Speaker has 4 wires coming out of plug : Green/Black, Green, Blue White and Blue/black. no clue what they go to.

2) the rear heat AC controls are 5 5/8" x 3 1/2". anyone know of any tv screens that small or have any idea's what to put in that opening?

any suggestions would be great.

Thanks guys.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 162
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 157
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1,006 bytes · Views: 286
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 162

qukon 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that bose might be a dual cone and you will have to take the spkr
out to make sure plus to see what the 4 wires are going too then
find what ohm it is.
my bose sub is 1.4 ohms single cone so i hooked a class d
mtx th350-1d it's stable down to one ohm and the amp doesn't
get hot at all and i love the sound of this little sub up front

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im curious as to how well that design will fit im tuned in

sent from my vortec powered droid 4 using tapatalk

OP
OP
TruckBoss223

TruckBoss223

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i took the speaker out i guess it is dual cone. each set of wires is a positive and negative on each side of speaker. i have no clue what an ohm is or how to test it i was hoping to find some specs on the speaker online but whenever i put the info in on google all that comes up is more speakers for sale.

as far as the TV in the back all i can find is a 4.3 inch screen which i can mold into it or a 7 " inch screen which will require some cutting and im not to sure if it will fit

the console itself is going to require some major trimming to fit. i made new side pieces out of foam board and have them screwed in place of originals for now to do all my cutting on them first.

ill keep you guys posted. trying to lay out my switches for my lights, sirens, radio chargers and accessories.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People have swapped NBS console's into OBS before just leaves an undesired gap bw console and dash.

Hands down best fit is the 99-00 OBS Nali/Escky Console!

Gl!

OP
OP
TruckBoss223

TruckBoss223

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ill get it to look factory. i repainted my entire interior black should be able to match up the contours. i looked at the other ones wasnt too fond of it. i am on the south shore of long island and hurricane sandy left us plenty of dead chevys.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Nice. I would just make a carbon fiber block plate for the ac control hole or hell slap an ipad mini in there and trim until it fits. Id also just get a new sub while at it

qukon 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just get a multi meter and put it on the ohm setting and put the
test leads on one side of the sub terminals then write that down
than do the other set of the terminals on the sub then post the
ohm numbers so we can give your wiring and amp options.

believe me it will be worth using that sub.

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fear not the nbs cc... They look and fit great in and obs... Its not perfect but its an over all upgrade... Donny and I both have 02 tahoe ccs and love them... The 05 will look even better... I wish I and me an 05 cc but maybe another mod for the future...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jguzman90