96 2dr driver seat adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domer94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just took delivey of my "new to me" 96. driver seat adjust motor sounds like something is stripped when i go to use the joystic to raise position ot the rear tilt. sounds like a clicking. any ideas right off the bat without replacing the whole motor mechanism?

tooslowtahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When u try to adjust the seat does one side (one track) move? There are some connections under the seat that control different movements I had one come lose and cause a problem similar to what u describe. Check there first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
domer94

domer94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
forward and back movement are ok , and the up and rear tilt have power, but it sounds llike a stripped gear... just clicks and doesnt move with weight on it. motor runs though

350GT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have this same problem. I pulled the seat and iirc the gear that raises and lowers the seat is what was stripped. I didn't replace it though I just put a block of wood under that crossbar for now haha.

OP
OP
domer94

domer94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have this same problem. I pulled the seat and iirc the gear that raises and lowers the seat is what was stripped. I didn't replace it though I just put a block of wood under that crossbar for now haha.

yeah , i bit the bullet and bought a whole track off fleabay. 130 bucks and done. i didnt realize how much it sucked not having full range of adjustment. i didnt see a good way of getting into the transmission to replace the gears... plus i wouldnt know where to find another gear if i did!

OP
OP
domer94

domer94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok , so i got a new track assembly and have full power adjustment back.... now there is this annoying as hell bit of play in the seat. the play occurs in the front / back tilt. looks like there is about an 1/8 inch play in the arm that comes off the gear drive to where it connects to the front cross rod that is cotter pinned in place. if i have the seat all the way front tilt up position , it eliminates it ... but i dont want to drive like that. any similay situations / solutions? its annoying everytime i accelerate from stand still , i get that little play motion.

350GT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I haven't had much back and forth play just the sudden loud clicking as I fall to my doom haha. The only think I can think of is if the track assembly in all seated in place or if there are any plastic shims that need to be placed?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TommyNomad