95 Tahoe - brake lights, left side turn signals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big_Deddie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK - revamping a 95 Tahoe for my son. Already rebuilt transmission and now working on the electrical issue.
Neither the front or rear left turn signal works. The right side works, but blinks really fast. There is also no brake lights.
My first inclination was the bulbs in the taillights (before I realized the front wasn't working either).
I would think brake light switch...but that shouldn't effect the turn signals.

Any idea where to start?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK - revamping a 95 Tahoe for my son. Already rebuilt transmission and now working on the electrical issue.
Neither the front or rear left turn signal works. The right side works, but blinks really fast. There is also no brake lights.
My first inclination was the bulbs in the taillights (before I realized the front wasn't working either).
I would think brake light switch...but that shouldn't effect the turn signals.

Any idea where to start?
I would go thru all the bulbs and replace them, check the flasher module in the fuse box and check all grounds. 1 bad bulb can screw up all of them as will a bad ground. The flasher module is suspect also, what happens with the 4ways?

OP
OP
B

Big_Deddie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't remember checking the hazard lights as I was already to the point of frustration at that point.
I did replace two of the bulbs as I suspected that the bulbs themselves could be the culprit. No luck.

My wife says that this only happens when the headlights are on - I will verify this tonight.