93 K2500 Barn doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

peterv6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 1993 GMC K2500 Suburban with barn doors. Somehow last summer, the passenger side barn door got out of alignment. It'll close, but the edges of the glass don't close flush. I tried adjusting the hinges, but couldn't get the door to budge. Anyone have an idea how to fix this? TIA.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

@MO VietVet may be able to give you some pointers, as he is a big barn door fan for these trucks.

OP
OP
P

peterv6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

@MO VietVet may be able to give you some pointers, as he is a big barn door fan for these trucks.
Thanks for the welcome. I'll put up some pics this weekend.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. So, somehow the door got out of alignment. Which edges of the glass do not close flush? Need pics. At the top? Bottom? Top to bottom? Did the did fly open from wind or pushed on when was all the way open? Slammed shut with something in the way? If none of those then a hinge/door/body attaching point has shifted or something in the hinge assembly or the hinge mount area is coming apart. Again, pics would help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts