92 yukon runs rich

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MSborn882007

Reaction score
So I noticed when my truck is running the fuel smell is fairly strong. Engine runs fine,no idling issues,only thing is it takes an extra second or 2 to crank when it's a cold morning.gas mileage hasn't really been an issue,went home on leave an got 17mpg highway. I don't know if it has any relation but my temp gets up to around 150-160 when warmed up. Saw on a different forum that sometimes they are related to each other. Any ideas?

OP
OP
M

MSborn882007

Reaction score
Yeah,it's from the exhaust. But the smell is just the same on the warmer days too

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree a Bad Cat or O2 sensor would be to blame however I believe the O2 sensor would throw a code

KPOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
engine temps should be just above 195. but the colder it is the more fuel is used. is the fuel smell from exhaust?

Mine always runs at 180 no matter what I do. I have a 195 degree thermostat in there as well. Any idea what could cause that?

AZ Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine at start up warms up to just over 210 and then immediatly drops to 150 - 160 and stays there

OP
OP
M

MSborn882007

Reaction score
no codes on it,i cut the cat off and just put a flow on it with turndowns.i guess the smell is normal then,just thought it wouldn't be that strong.i have one car with no cat right now an cut the cat off my old Colorado too and neither are this strong.but that's a 4 cyl and a 5 cyl so I guess they just wouldn't put out as much of the smell that a v8 will.would yall recommend anything for the temp or just leave it?i just don't know if its a concern or not

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove