2014 Yukon 6L80E 2wd probs:(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s south Texas for you man lol he rebuilt my 4l80 with billet internals, shift kit, corvette servo, and bigger tc for 2400 been going on two years and lots of street racing and been holding like a champ but I’m just going to do a stock rebuild on this ‘14
I hear you, but two things to consider: 1/ 6L80 is a completely different beast. It's based on a ZF design, not an organic GM design and is a clutch-to-clutch transmission (no bands) so it's more complicated. 2/ There are hard parts inside that were faulty in the original design and/or manufacture that if reused won't last. These hard parts would cost most of that $1850 to buy wholesale, so that price won't get you those hard parts. All you're gonna get for that money is R&R, a minor repair, and a fresh coat of paint. In the oilfield, we called that a Krylon overhaul. :p

I've rebuilt two of my own transmissions on my bench. The first was a ZF 5HP24 out of a BMW 740iL and now an Aisin-Warner unit out of a Land Rover LR2. I start by researching which parts have been superseded with newer designs by either the original manufacturer or the aftermarket and only the updated parts go in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
reddmonkeyy

reddmonkeyy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks man will do I’ll talk to the tech about it and make sure he don’t leave me stranded somewhere 1 year warranty should come in handy as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar