87 octane vs 91 octane

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, all that was pretty common in NYC until Giuliani cleaned it up in the 1990's. Amazing what a extra police presence will do to city crime.

yeah he cleaned house good. made times square a family place. for those who dont know, it was the ***** and peep show capitol of the world, only 3 reasons to be there back in the day, to get a hoe, jack it in a peep show, or cop drugs. other then that you didnt want to be there. cause you would be a victim of something not good.

hells kitchen also has come a long way too. now its the place to live, how about that?

iirc it came down to the police just doing their jobs too. they were all dirty and on the take. turning a blind eye to everything.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
back on topic here lol

ive been running 93 in my hoe since i got it a few months back. it finally needs to be filled again, so im going with 91 i think, being i have a tuner i can tune for it. as i got it tuned now its really woken up, lesser octane might cause me to drop a few degrees of timing. being 93 has hit $3 a gallon again, ill see how it feels. a 70 cents less a gallon can go a long way.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well damn, 87 is 255, 91 is 275 and 93 is 291, ill keep running 93, 36 cents aint killing anyone.

this is my local station, aka the only place i buy gas really. if it was 10 cents cheaper down the road id still pay more here. their gas is better.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it was 10 cents cheaper down the road id still pay more here. their gas is better.
Honestly not trying to start a war on this but I’m geniunely curious why you feel their gas is better.

86/88/91 here in butthole New Mexico. Ran 88 in my burb, 88 in my wife’s GC w/Hemi, and 91 in my beloved X5. Usually try to get from shell or chevron, but not that picky and majority of stations have a fine rep here so it was nothing to really worry about. I’m getting a new Denali soon and plan on running 91. Want all the powaaaaa I can get
:head3:

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly not trying to start a war on this but I’m geniunely curious why you feel their gas is better.

86/88/91 here in butthole New Mexico. Ran 88 in my burb, 88 in my wife’s GC w/Hemi, and 91 in my beloved X5. Usually try to get from shell or chevron, but not that picky and majority of stations have a fine rep here so it was nothing to really worry about. I’m getting a new Denali soon and plan on running 91. Want all the powaaaaa I can get
:head3:

not a war, not all gas is equal is all. my other car is a regal gs, with a l67 super charged with a bunch of bolt ons, all i run is 93 in it. kr is never wanted. its tuned, so same tune, same everything, air temps and all, id get kr from one place and not the other after a fill. tested this out getting gas at all my local places. the bp 3 blocks down was the winner. so they either lie about the rating, or water it down. but i can count on the gas at the BP for staying consistently the same.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What metro area is that? And why do they offer racing fuel as a regular product there? Is it close to a popular track?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Minneapolis. Lots of guys have race cars and high compression street cars.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG Dinkins. what a ******** waste of time he was.

as well as this de Blasio POS. if i could get within 3 foot of him id kick him so hard in the balls his kids would feel it.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well damn, 87 is 255, 91 is 275 and 93 is 291, ill keep running 93, 36 cents aint killing anyone.

But nobody gets the same miles per gallon using each of those different fuels. My experience has been that it costs more money to use the lower octane fuels (until very recently) because they make worse miles per gallon used. Ethanol delivers in lower fuel economy but its low price makes it the best value.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But nobody gets the same miles per gallon using each of those different fuels. My experience has been that it costs more money to use the lower octane fuels (until very recently) because they make worse miles per gallon used. Ethanol delivers in lower fuel economy but its low price makes it the best value.

you would be 100% correct, unless you can tune for 87 :) then you should do just as well. but for 35 cents why bother at this point. ive been paying for 93 only for the last 8 years. only difference now is the tank is almost twice the size, the hurt factor is regal takes about $35 to fill from dead E. just a 17 gal tank, hoe took about $60 or so yesterday.

if i could only get e85 here. my regal would love that stuff. tahoe would also love it. but for some dumb reason its not sold here at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84