8-way power seat problems... no front/back movement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sneasle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

My new-to-me 2011 Suburban has a few issues, this being one of them. I'm trying to track the problem down and hoping you folks can lend a hand.

The passenger seat (full 8-way power) will not move forward and back. I hear nothing from the motor, and I cannot see anything specific in the rails that might be preventing it from moving. I've gone and pulled the switch and would like to try and test the switch and 'hot wire' the motor to see if it works before I order a new switch. Does anyone know the pinout for this part so I don't accidentally fry something in the process?

This appears to be the correct switch: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TAB7742
GM Part# - 25974714

I'm really hoping someone knows the pinout for this, I really need to get the seat moved forward a bit as it is really close to baby-girl's carseat.

OP
OP
sneasle

sneasle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully not the module. All the other functions on the seat work except the fwd/back.

OP
OP
sneasle

sneasle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've gone ahead and ordered a new switch. I'll compare new and old and hopefully that will let me map the pinout condition. If I can get it figured out, I'll post it.

OP
OP
sneasle

sneasle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New switch has arrived. I attempted to try and generate a pinout diagram for it tonight, but I'm seeing some strange behavior. It seems that these switches aren't just 'dumb' switches. From what I'm seeing on my multimeter, it appears there are some capacitors in these switches that generate some interesting behavior.

I'll plug the new switch in tomorrow. If it works, I may go in and break the old one apart to try and figure out how it works... maybe..

OP
OP
sneasle

sneasle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New switch didn't fix the issue. Looks like I'm going to have to go deeper into the seat to find these gremlins...