8 speed transmission software flash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

razor488

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling when I ask my dealer about this they are going to give me a blank stare.

Slightly off topic - is there a software upgrade for the intellilink system?

razor488

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I called my local GMC dealership and contacted GMC through the chat service on their website, and neither had any knowledge of a transmission software upgrade.

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I called my local GMC dealership and contacted GMC through the chat service on their website, and neither had any knowledge of a transmission software upgrade.

My Denali is going in this Friday to get the under body kit installed. I asked the service manager about the 8 spd transmission firmware.. He looked it up and said my vehicle shows no update available and it's up to date.

razor488

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Denali is going in this Friday to get the under body kit installed. I asked the service manager about the 8 spd transmission firmware.. He looked it up and said my vehicle shows no update available and it's up to date.

Yes - that is what they told me on the phone/chat.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Talk to me about the underbody kit. Sorry to thread jack.

OP
OP
Daunntlessone

Daunntlessone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have it and the engine looks fantastic even after a ski trip to Colorado

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's it made out of? Think it would protect against rocks and other road debris?

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's it made out of? Think it would protect against rocks and other road debris?

I got it because I do ski trips to Tahoe and Mammoth during the winter months and occasionally I have to cruise on dirt roads.
The kit is $250 retail but the dealer is giving me a 15% discount.
I pulled this pic from ebay.

Attachments

• underbody shield.JPG
    underbody shield.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got it because I do ski trips to Tahoe and Mammoth during the winter months and occasionally I have to cruise on dirt roads.
The kit is $250 retail but the dealer is giving me a 15% discount.
I pulled this pic from ebay.

I would get it for similar reasons. We drive ours over mountain passes in the winter and I would hate to damage the vehicle on an unseen rock or something when a $250 bit of metal would have prevented it. Do you have a part number?

edit: never mind, I found it on eBay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickey7640