Auto Fan Speed after software update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A software update was performed on the entertainment system a few weeks ago on my 2023 Denali Ultimate. After that, the auto fan speed cuts the fans out similar to making a phone call after starting the engine. If you activate google assistant and cancel, they fire back up. It may do this three of four times, then is fine until you turn it off again.

Dealer tried to do a software update again and was told last update was corrupt by GM. Need to wait for an over the air update.

Has anyone else experienced this?

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As an aside, does anyone know of a way to report bugs like this to GM without using the Dealer?
Settings -> Google (at the bottom of the list) -> Send Feedback to Google -> Couple of drop down menus and open text field to add additional information. Plus an option to send log files.

The ultimate question is who's at fault - GM or Google, when it comes to these bugs... I can see a lot of finger pointing going on between the two. Either way, at least there is an option to send log files and report bugs...

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Settings -> Google (at the bottom of the list) -> Send Feedback to Google -> Couple of drop down menus and open text field to add additional information. Plus an option to send log files.

The ultimate question is who's at fault - GM or Google, when it comes to these bugs... I can see a lot of finger pointing going on between the two. Either way, at least there is an option to send log files and report bugs...
Gonna try that!

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A software update was performed on the entertainment system a few weeks ago on my 2023 Denali Ultimate. After that, the auto fan speed cuts the fans out similar to making a phone call after starting the engine. If you activate google assistant and cancel, they fire back up. It may do this three of four times, then is fine until you turn it off again.

Dealer tried to do a software update again and was told last update was corrupt by GM. Need to wait for an over the air update.

Just another reason to never do software updates. If you're happy with the vehicle, don't mess with it. Updates often break things, or take features away that you enjoy.

Lackland

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Same!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts