8-High MOD - HEADLIGHTS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
for the DRLs, i simply took an old pair of 9005 bulbs that i used to have in my headlights before i got the xenarcs, how would i go about getting fog beam 9005s?

I have got no idea. A custom cut reflector/ but im sure as shit that cant be made easilly. But I thought you were talking about behind your grill??

danimalmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have got no idea. A custom cut reflector/ but im sure as shit that cant be made easilly. But I thought you were talking about behind your grill??

my bad, well the grill lights are h3 bulb driving lights that i picked up from autozone, cheap? yes. i was just gunna convert them to hid though

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
How did you fit 9005 in the DRL?

Take the old bulbs out. Strip and wire tie, or solder, a 9005 socket on the drl wires (same gauge as the headlights I will add), and then modifty the bulb to fit in the headlight.

danimalmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah its quite simple, its a good thing the bulb fits through the hole too, so u dont have to dremel it or anything

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, maybe I'm a little slow here, but I'm not seeing exactly how to do the 8-hi mod. I've got a 2000 and I've already done the two mods to give me the 6-hi, what do I do to get the DRL's to stay on as well.

So RT, you have regular headlight bulbs in your DRL's? Do they run too hot for the housing and lense or are there any other problems?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRuiz