6l80e clean procedure and relearn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stang0303

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2010 with 174k was shifting great and then forward gears randomly went out. It barely moves in 1st 2nd then when it gets up to speed 3rd 4th and 5th gear is sluggish. Will still get up to 45 though but shifting is erradict and seems to slip alot. I replaced the check balls in valve body thinking that would be the problem and upgraded to the 2014 plus 8th check ball and plate. Still didnt fix the issue. Bought a vxdiag vcx nano with tech 2 win. Also purchased acdelco sps subscription. My issue is i cant seem to see an option for transmission cleaning procedure or fast relearn that some talk about on other car forums with this same transmission. Can someone give me advice on what i need to do or if im going in the right direction with this. I would hate to pull my trans all apart if just a relearn is needed. Any suggestions appreciated. Thank you

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2010 with 174k was shifting great and then forward gears randomly went out. It barely moves in 1st 2nd then when it gets up to speed 3rd 4th and 5th gear is sluggish. Will still get up to 45 though but shifting is erradict and seems to slip alot. I replaced the check balls in valve body thinking that would be the problem and upgraded to the 2014 plus 8th check ball and plate. Still didnt fix the issue. Bought a vxdiag vcx nano with tech 2 win. Also purchased acdelco sps subscription. My issue is i cant seem to see an option for transmission cleaning procedure or fast relearn that some talk about on other car forums with this same transmission. Can someone give me advice on what i need to do or if im going in the right direction with this. I would hate to pull my trans all apart if just a relearn is needed. Any suggestions appreciated. Thank you

If I remember right, those functions are under "Module Setup", go to F1 Transmission Control Module, then F5 Module Setup, then choose which one you want to run.

If you haven't looked at it already, I strongly suggest you look at the shop manual through AllDataDIY, it goes hand in hand with using the bi-directional scan tool.

I would also run the tests on each of the solenoids and check for codes of course.

Use the shop manual's troubleshooting guide as well. I can't say where to start since you've made changes already and should probably make sure those are working first.

One issue that may come up is whether you tell your scan tool that your truck is a 2010 or a 2014??? I have no idea.

OP
OP
S

stang0303

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The only thing that is there is reset transmission oil life

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick