6L80 swap info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tgwhit12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Gentlemen, I am new to the board and a first time poster. I apologize in advance for my ignorance, but I've been a Ford guy all my life and have just recently made a switch to several GM products for my work vehicles. I purchased two used 2500 Express vans and have been pleased, so now I just bought two used police Tahoes, one for myself and one for my sales guy.
My (likely stupid) question is this: There are some lower mileage transmissions listed around, one is said to come from a 13 Corvette C6. The transmission is pulled already from one of my Tahoes already, a 2013 and it is a 6L80. The Corvette is said to be the same year. Will this 2013 Corvette transmission be an exact sway for the current 2013 Tahoe 6L80 or will I run into difficulties.
Again I apologize; I searched the forum and didn't find an answer, but I"m certain you guys are probably weary of these types of questions.

Thanks,

whit

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen, I am new to the board and a first time poster. I apologize in advance for my ignorance, but I've been a Ford guy all my life and have just recently made a switch to several GM products for my work vehicles. I purchased two used 2500 Express vans and have been pleased, so now I just bought two used police Tahoes, one for myself and one for my sales guy.
My (likely stupid) question is this: There are some lower mileage transmissions listed around, one is said to come from a 13 Corvette C6. The transmission is pulled already from one of my Tahoes already, a 2013 and it is a 6L80. The Corvette is said to be the same year. Will this 2013 Corvette transmission be an exact sway for the current 2013 Tahoe 6L80 or will I run into difficulties.
Again I apologize; I searched the forum and didn't find an answer, but I"m certain you guys are probably weary of these types of questions.

Thanks,

whit

Not exact, they will have different TECHMs and torque converters at the very least. I do not know if they will have the same output shafts, their tails housings will definitely be different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dimi3

Latest posts